Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Greetings From a Frozen Tundra!

NorWiscPilot

Reaction score
From another Frozen Tundra...

Hello all!

I am seeing some familiar names and monikers already. Great to see some old "friends" joining in on a new forum. I have learned a lot reading the many comments and discussions during the past year over in the Yuneec Pilots forum. Hence the reference to "old friends".

I look forward to learning and contributing to this forum as well, void of any "brand loyalty" bickering but rather helping those who are trying to make a go of it commercially regardless of the equipment we use, to share ideas, successes, pitfalls, mistakes (yes, we learn by trying, even if not entirely successful) and just "comradery".

As it stands, today marks a special day in my "adventure". A brown truck showed up and delivered my first Yuneec H520. After much thought and contemplation, I decided it would be best if I took advantage of my huge airspace (this time of year, my lake is my frozen friend, offering a great expanse of open air.)

Background: Having two H480's as of this time last year, I actually am one of the few who, without two or more sleds in the garage, look forward to winter in these parts. Rest assured, I had no problem whatsoever flying over our lake during the spring, summer, and fall months. But... being able to "walk on water" during the winter opens up so many more opportunities!

As business goes, some have suggested it best to wait until the business need arises before making an investment in equipment. Others, as business owners in other fields, have suggested a different tact: "if you dawdle, others may jump in with the skill and knowledge, while you wait for the business to come to you."

Therefore, I decided I will take the leap of faith and use this "slow time" of winter to explore what the H520 can do for me, and what I can do with it. After flying my H480's as much as I could this past year, I am confident it will not take me long to master what the H520 can do, and more importantly, what I can do with the H520. My H480's have already proven successful in things like real estate, crop damage assessment and the like. I am confident the H520 will open up even more opportunities, not just in coin, but also in community service (volunteer/giving back).

With that said, continued good luck to all those already established, and the best of luck to those of us taking that "leap of faith" that we can we do more with our passion; what flying with both feet on the ground gives us.

From the Northwoods (of Wisconsin, USA)... happy flying!

Jeff

Last edited:
Reactions: JDub and dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge, for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905