Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Greetings from Memphis ... AKA "The Armpit of the South"

RNCotton

Reaction score
Website
www.rogercotton.com
Hey y'all .... coming to you live, from the land of Elvis, the blues, and the allegedly best BBQ in the country. I'm coming over from PhantomPilots.com so looking to see some familiar faces.

As for me, I'm Part 107 and pilot for the Memphis Fire Department. So when I fly, I have to plan each flight as being under our COA, my Part 107, or hobby. *whew* ... These kids who go to Best Buy and head into their back yard to fly have no idea about the rest of us.

Outside of the fire department, I have my own photography company. We haven't had much success incorporating drones (and I really hate the word "drone") into our business model, but we're offering the services. We run into a lot of "You charge how much? The kid next door will do it for $20 and a pizza."

Looking forward to talking with y'all. Oh, and if anyone is curious, I'm flying a couple of DJI Phantom 4 Pros. I have "most of" a P3 Standard in a box somewhere at the house. It had an unfortunate incident involving signal loss, failure to RTH, and a tower.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://commercialdronepilots.com/account/personal-details

Allen

Welcome to our newest forum .
Take a little time and look around all our subforums to find what suits you and besure to read our Guidelines and ask if you have any questions in a message to any of the staff .
Enjoy all the knowledge members have to offer .
0rojyyg-png.60

Also be sure and visit this thread CDP Giveaway - Phantom 4 Pro... :)

Hey y'all .... coming to you live, from the land of Elvis, the blues, and the allegedly best BBQ in the country. I'm coming over from PhantomPilots.com so looking to see some familiar faces.

As for me, I'm Part 107 and pilot for the Memphis Fire Department. So when I fly, I have to plan each flight as being under our COA, my Part 107, or hobby. *whew* ... These kids who go to Best Buy and head into their back yard to fly have no idea about the rest of us.

Outside of the fire department, I have my own photography company. We haven't had much success incorporating drones (and I really hate the word "drone") into our business model, but we're offering the services. We run into a lot of "You charge how much? The kid next door will do it for $20 and a pizza."

Looking forward to talking with y'all. Oh, and if anyone is curious, I'm flying a couple of DJI Phantom 4 Pros. I have "most of" a P3 Standard in a box somewhere at the house. It had an unfortunate incident involving signal loss, failure to RTH, and a tower.

Welcome aboard! I started out with drones as a way to enhance my photography (you know, to get that perspective you just couldn't with your feet on the ground). I soon realized that I could do much more with drones than just photography. I understand what your saying about the kid next door sentiment. I have ran into that as well as those who know enough to know they shouldn't be operating without a license, but do anyways and in the end, most potential customers are none-the-wiser.

Stay warm and again, welcome!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM