Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Greetings from Southern California

DashcamViewer.com

Reaction score
Website
dashcamviewer.com
Hi everyone!

Wow, I'm thrilled to find a forum dedicated to the commercial use of drones! Kudos to the site operators. ;)

I've been flying drones as a hobby since 2014 starting with a DJI Phantom FC40. Since then I've moved up to Phantom 2's (installed custom video tx), and finally the Mavic Pro, which is light-years beyond the Phantom 2 in terms of technology. Like a lot of us here, I've got my Part 107 Remote Pilot's license for flying commercially.

I enjoy long-distance flying, especially over water. I don't know why this is, but I can tell you I've learned the hard way about the risks. Despite hundreds of trouble-free flights over the Pacific, I have a few Phantom 2's and GoPros resting at the bottom of Davy's Locker.:( I must say that the Mavic Pro, with its superior video link and range, instills much more confidence in these risky sorts of flights.

I am also the author of a commercial piece of software called Dashcam Viewer (dashcam video player software). What's this have to do with drones? Well, I've modified Dashcam Viewer for use with drone video and data. It turns out that drone video and vehicle dashcam video are actually very similar in that both record their position, speed, and other data as a function of time. The software allows users to playback their drone's video while simultaneously watching the drone's position update in a Google Map, graphs, and data views. This may come in handy for folks in this forum who do surveying, pipeline inspection, archeology, and civil engineering. This capability, combined with the ability to "geotag" key points in the video, allows you to quickly jump to points of interest. Here's a quick demo I made showing how this is done.

Glad to be a part of this new forum!

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge, for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Hello and welcome to the forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.
Allen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM