Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Greetings from the northernmost settlement in the world, Svalbard,Norway

Espen_NO

Reaction score
Hello, just joined the forum and are looking forward to exchanging ideas and experiences with like minded fellow pilots from all over the world. I'm flying drones for the Governor of Svalbard and work as a police officer.

We are located here; Google Maps and we are as of today primarily using drones for mapping, video and photography. We are hoping to expand our capabilities before summer with a DJI Matrice 210 RTK with thermal vision and Z30 zoom camera. That also involves BLOS flight and (allmost) all-weather capabilities.

The challenges we face with drone operations makes it pretty interesting. :)

Read more about us here; Governor

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to our newest forum .
Take a little time and look around all our subforums to find what suits you and besure to read our Guidelines and ask if you have any questions in a message to any of the staff .
Enjoy all the knowledge members have to offer .
0rojyyg-png.60

Also be sure and visit this thread CDP Giveaway - Phantom 4 Pro... :)

Hello and welcome to the forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.
Allen

Hello, just joined the forum and are looking forward to exchanging ideas and experiences with like minded fellow pilots from all over the world. I'm flying drones for the Governor of Svalbard and work as a police officer.

We are located here; Google Maps and we are as of today primarily using drones for mapping, video and photography. We are hoping to expand our capabilities before summer with a DJI Matrice 210 RTK with thermal vision and Z30 zoom camera. That also involves BLOS flight and (allmost) all-weather capabilities.

The challenges we face with drone operations makes it pretty interesting. :)

Read more about us here; Governor
Holy moly, yea I bet you have some really interesting challenges considering where you are?!
Night vision goggles really come in handy there?:rolleyes:

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Holy moly, yea I bet you have some really interesting challenges considering where you are?!
Night vision goggles really come in handy there?:rolleyes:

Yea, 4 months of total arctic darkness adds some extra spice to living here. NV goggles are a very handy tool, it sure beats a headlight. In wintertime its a must during fieldwork and I bring my personal set everywhere. For time being we are not allowed to do drone operations in darkness, but we are working for a permission, hopefully sometime 2018.

When the light returns we must cope with challenging weather conditions, wind, snow and low temperatures. I have found out that the DJI Phantom and Mavic really dont enjoy a startup in -15-20 Celcius. Neither do my fingers :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker