Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Greetings from the Wirral (just south of Liverpool in the UK)

Reaction score
Hello everyone! And Hi to the (current) handful of UK PfCO operators! Not many folk know where the Wirral is... do you? It's a proper gem in the crown of Northwest England. We've wildlife reserves, top end hotels and some extremely weathly residents including Rafael Benitez, and numerous others who hail from here including John Peel (Music Guru) and Daniel Craig (went to my local high school and gew up round here). I could list a fair few more but it would be meaningless to the US audience reading this!

I'm a small drone business owner - my partner Amy and I (my name's Sam, btw) - set up Drone Factor Ltd following my two year stint in teaching. I taught documentary film making, computing and design. I would like to grow my business by outsourcing work when it's out of our area, white labelling work, creating a nice network of friendly pilots in the UK, and abroad.

We focus primarily on (and have some contracts and exclusivity with) insurance companies, loss assessors and valuation surveyors. We don't do loads of business, but it's enough to make me happy that I left that teaching job. I've always wanted to run a business, since I was little, my Dad being the role model there. The family business still operates, albeit in a small capacity these days: www.foamcutters.co.uk (for those interested! We can cut foam for drone cases I suppose!)

Our secondary area of work is cinematics; particularly for botanical and environmental showcases. This doesn't pay so well compared to the surveys (time vs income) but I enjoy it as it keeps my Adobe suite skills up. I'm one of the few in the piloting community it seems who pays for CC and actually doesn't mind!

Thirdly, (ish) I'm currently doing a Masters in Drone technology at Liverpool John Moores, and I'm getting 90% average on my marks, so I'm pleased with myself there. I plan to do a PhD in drone technology, but will make another thread about that.

If anyone has any questions about the Masters, feel free to PM/DM/email me. Our businesses' site is
www.dronefactor.co.uk if you want to check out our work, compare prices and rates, or just be nosey!

Big love, nice to see an extension for commercial pilots in the xxxpilots.com series!

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Hello and welcome to the forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

Allen

Thanks BigAl07, nice to meet you.

I hope to contribute useful and meaningful material and guidance best I can.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshuabl