Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hard foam castings

AdoSA

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have in mind creating hard foam castings for my M2P and DJ Goggles. Main reason is that I want to put all my Drone equipment and accessories in one backpack and I have 5.11 Rush24 backpack that has space inside for all my gear. I have allready made styrofoam inserts to test my concept and it works... everything fits inside. Styro isn't viabe because it is not strong enough to withstand longer use without breaking and tiny styro balls are scraping all the time inside a backpack and I have concerns that they can cause mallfunction if they get stuck somewhere ...

Since hard expanding foam requires different approach in molding than styro ( witch I cut out using hot wire ) I need exact dimensions of every piece (drone, remote, charger, batteries, googles, ... etc.). Does anyone have any idea how I can achieve a snug fit by making casting or similar, or does any1 have exact measurments or idea how to take exact measurments of every piece of equipment?

Thanks

I've tried a few designs to pack difficult shapes using expanding foam but found it to me a messy business!

I used the components to form the shape of the mould, which did work, but you would not want to apply that idea to anything too sensitive - it just keeps expanding!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roy thellmann