Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Has any pilot on here ever used, are they credible.

DJIPete

Reaction score
Website
strudwickdroneservice.com
I sign up with this website, however after doing so I did some research and discover they might
be sending fake jobs to their members. It seem to be a pay for play deal, they send some great job prospects to my email. Any feedback with be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: clackey

I sign up with this website, however after doing so I did some research and discover they might
be sending fake jobs to their members. It seem to be a pay for play deal, they send some great job prospects to my email. Any feedback with be greatly appreciated.
I’m based out of NYC and started using Bark a little over a year ago. While they are the most expensive lead buying service I’ve used, almost all of my biggest clients so far have come from this service. I think they’ve been doing a huge SEO push in the past 18 months and as a result I get several leads per day for mostly small real estate jobs. Since I still just do this part time I just pick my leads wisely (must have a written description) and it’s worked out. Don’t be afraid to ask them for credit refunds if somebody turns out to be a competitor/wrong location/etc.

I can say without a doubt they’re not a scam, but just be smart or it can cost you a fortune.

Reactions: EmsAir and DJIPete
Create a free listing at DronePilotsCentral.com. You can advertise your services with a full-page listing. It's free to you and free for clients to search. Google crawls the website regularly and this will help you show up in Google searches. And here is the best part - the client contacts you directly, and you keep all the money.

1616870192878.png

Create a free listing at DronePilotsCentral.com. You can advertise your services with a full-page listing. It's free to you and free for clients to search. Google crawls the website regularly and this will help you show up in Google searches. And here is the best part - the client contacts you directly, and you keep all the money.
I just signed up, but as an always on skeptic why do this service for free? What is Golden Seal getting out of this? ?

I signed up with Gold Seal a while back, very little activity from that site.

I looked at your listing and it did look pretty-well fleshed out. I'd suggest that you break up your profile into several paragraphs. That one large block of text would be easier to consume in pieces.

I'd also suggest that you spruce up your demo-reel. With all due respect, it's not something I'd call compelling. You show 17 seconds of treetops before your first edit. Then another 50 seconds of more treetops. The forestland vista takes up the entire five minutes of the video. That's it. No other scenes. No creative editing. Your demo-reel needs to show why people should pick you instead of someone else. Make it exciting. Edit it so that prospective clients think, "Dang, I want a video that looks like that!"

Last edited:
I looked at your listing and it did look pretty-well fleshed out. I'd suggest that you break up your profile into several paragraphs. That one large block of text would be easier to consume in pieces.

I'd also suggest that you spruce up your demo-reel. With all due respect, it's not something I'd call compelling. You show 17 seconds of treetops before your first edit. Then another 50 seconds of more treetops. The forestland vista takes up the entire five minutes of the video. That's it. No other scenes. No creative editing. Your demo-reel needs to show why people should pick you instead of someone else. Make it exciting. Edit it so that prospective clients think, "Dang, I want a video that looks like that!"
I will probably just remove the profile for now. I will put another one up at some point.

I wouldn't suggest going to that extreme. It still boosts your website's SEO and the longer it is up, the more Google likes it. Just consider at some point in the future jazzing it up a bit.

Marketing is an iterative process. Expect to go through revisions of everything you offer up to the public. You website, your Facebook page, and your DPC listing. There is a real art to convincing people to take that step that you want them to take. That is the "conversion".

Another easy fix I just saw. Two of your three images have a slanted horizon. A client isn't going to like that. Run all your images through Photoshop or something similar. That's what the pros do to make professional-looking images. The slanted horizons can be corrected very easily and quickly. Show people that you pay attention to detail.

Last edited:
I suspect some misconception. The other two sites find jobs, and offer them to you for a fee. DPS doesn't feed you jobs and doesn't try to get in between you and your clientele. It's a marketplace where YOU try to sell yourself. People search on DPC in your geographic area and pick someone that looks best to them based on the listings. If they want to hire someone to shoot aerial photography or video, they'll choose the listing that has the best-looking samples.

I seem to have a hard time uploading more than one photo to my profile. Are there other hidden file limits/requirements like image dimensions that would prevent those photos from going live? I tried a couple different browsers.

Also any way to stop the logo from stretching into a wider aspect ration?

I seem to have a hard time uploading more than one photo to my profile. Are there other hidden file limits/requirements like image dimensions that would prevent those photos from going live? I tried a couple different browsers.

Also any way to stop the logo from stretching into a wider aspect ration?

Hi, FrozenReviewer. I work for the company but I don't personally support the DPC website. Please send a support email (or call 888-514-1945 x 403) and we'll get this sorted out for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905