Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello from Atlanta

Phil Skinner

Reaction score
Website
www.philskinnerphotography.com
I am brand new to this site & have already found some great information! I got my part 107 last summer & have logged quite a few hours on my P3A including two commercial jobs. I am very interested in upgrading to a P4P & looking for advice, pros & cons, what my P3A is worth & best place to sell or trade it. Thanks in advance for your help!
Phil

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

You may want to keep your P3 as a backup. When you start lining clients up weeks at a time you don't' want to have to cancel because of mechanical issues.

1 aircraft is none
2 aircraft are ONE

Allen

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge, for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Welcome to the group @Phil Skinner. You will find many improvements with the P4P as compared to the P3A including better flight times, obstacle avoidance, better camera, dual operating frequencies plus any more.

As for pricing, search your local craigslist to see what people are asking for them to get an idea of its value. What condition is yours in, how many batteries, airframe time, battery usage, any cracks around the motor mounts? These are questions that someone will be asking if you are trying to sell or trade up. There doesn't seem to be a large market for the previous models and sometimes it is served better as a backup or for training new pilots.

Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

You may want to keep your P3 as a backup. When you start lining clients up weeks at a time you don't' want to have to cancel because of mechanical issues.

1 aircraft is none
2 aircraft are ONE

Allen
Good point!

Welcome to the group @Phil Skinner. You will find many improvements with the P4P as compared to the P3A including better flight times, obstacle avoidance, better camera, dual operating frequencies plus any more.

As for pricing, search your local craigslist to see what people are asking for them to get an idea of its value. What condition is yours in, how many batteries, airframe time, battery usage, any cracks around the motor mounts? These are questions that someone will be asking if you are trying to sell or trade up. There doesn't seem to be a large market for the previous models and sometimes it is served better as a backup or for training new pilots.

Thanks for the help. It was repaired last year from a minor accident & is in great shape. I've got three batteries & several accessories for it. I'm not sure how to determine the airframe time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry woodham