Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello from Central VA (RVA area)

SASmith

Reaction score
Part 107 holder since 12/16 recently got my aerial imaging business started and currently establishing a sUAS team at work (LEO). I will be digesting as much information as possible and contributing what I can.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello and welcome to the forum.

How far along are you in establishing your sUAS team at work? I trained some LEO and EMS up in Danville VA last fall and their program has really "taken off" (pun intended LOL).

I believe we are months away from acquisition, but I thought that months ago o_O. A great deal of research and preparation has been done, but without the blessing of the Sheriff it's all null and void.

Welcome @SASmith - good to have you aboard. As a retired LEO, I have had requests to help with department drone units. We should get together with @BigAl07 and share info on what works and what doesn't.

@Maddog I'm always game for helping out any way I can. I don't know all the answers but I can usually find someone who knows what we need.

@SASmith let me give you one piece of Public Safety~sAUS advice.... make the Public Campaign a TOP Priority for any program start up. If the media and John Q. Public finds out that LEO has a Drone Program after the fact your name (and program) will be MUD! IMHO the Public Campaign is potentially more important that budget and purchasing issues because if the public gets a bad taste in their mouth about your program it will die a slow and horrible death. This happened several times over the last few years.

@Maddog I'm always game for helping out any way I can. I don't know all the answers but I can usually find someone who knows what we need.

@SASmith let me give you one piece of Public Safety~sAUS advice.... make the Public Campaign a TOP Priority for any program start up. If the media and John Q. Public finds out that LEO has a Drone Program after the fact your name (and program) will be MUD! IMHO the Public Campaign is potentially more important that budget and purchasing issues because if the public gets a bad taste in their mouth about your program it will die a slow and horrible death. This happened several times over the last few years.
I agree 100%. The current snag that I am actively untangling correlates directly with this point.

Reactions: BigAl07
Grew up in Roanoke, great state. But it gets to cold up there.
Longer summers and I might come back.
Great effort getting involved with law enforcement, can only help the cause

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge, for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker