Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello from Iowa

Jetech

Reaction score
Hello
I am a retired A&P from UPS airline and private pilot. I recently became interested in drones and would like to expand my aviation experience by learning to operate a drone.. I need to take the FAA course and plan to do so soon. I am interested in learning about the various commercial systems and possibly getting into the Agriculture aspect. I don't know enough about any of the other areas to decide which direction to go yet so I am going to hang around and learn.

Welcome to our forum .
Take a little time and look around all our subforums to find what suits you and besure to read our Guidelines and ask if you have any questions in a message to any of the staff .
Enjoy all the knowledge members have to offer .
0rojyyg-png.60

I work for a nutrient replenishment company (fancy name for fertilizer ? ). The company purchased a Matrice 200 set up with Sentera software, which I am in the process of learning.

Not sure what aspect of agriculture you are interested in but HERE is a link to Sentera's web. From personal experience I can tell you their customer service is excellent.

Welcome! Any idea which aspect of agriculture you're looking into?

Our partner company Sky Source Aerial specializes in modified precision agriculture, specifically with golf courses. Using multispectral cameras to determine health of golf greens and working with golf superintendents to ensure proper course care. Feel free to reach out with any questions you may have!

Thanks everyone, I think helping farmers assess the health of their crops might be useful for this area. I plan to do some local market research. I am sure I will have questions as I gain more understanding.

Welcome! What part of Iowa are you from? I'm over in Davenport along the Mississippi River.

If you already have your pilot's license, you're going to find that 90% of the 107 test is review. I watched a few of the YouTube test overview videos over a weekend and took the test the following week. I passed it with no problem.

I found the following videos to be pretty helpful:

Reactions: clolsonus
Thanks. I am South of Winterset a few miles. Thanks for the video links. I have been watching a few videos and reviewing the regs since I have a BFR coming up. I think once I have the review out of the way I will watch the FAA course and do the paperwork.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljupco75