Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello, from Michigan.

jisenberg

Reaction score
Hello. My name is Jeff. I am a new commercial drone pilot flying a Mavic air 2 and an air 2S. Trying my hand at a side hustle of flying drones which seems to be a blast. I bought my Mavic air 2 back in April 2022 and been loving it. Then started looking at becoming a commercial pilot. I just passed my part 107 in December of 2022. Still waiting for the official license in the mail. Looking to start with real estate photography and videography for weddings as my wife is a wedding planner. I am hoping to grow the side hustle into a full blown business and work my way into bigger and better drones that I can start doing surveying and other other options. The hope and dream is to drop the 9-5 and just fly drones into retirement (quite a few years away). In the meantime, hoping to just have fun with a fast growing industry.

Thanks in advance as I am going to have a ton of questions for this forum. I appreciate all the advice and help anyone can offer.

-Jeff

I agree with the advice. You won't find anyone receptive to people working with you on your side hustle. There have to be quality deliverables and customers need to be able to count on you.

Reactions: Gagey52
Hello, another Michigander! Congrats on Part 107, I am just starting to get into Real Estate, as I wanted to do surveys, etc, but haven't found a licensed surveyor that finds it useful, And without working with a licensed surveyor, you can get into a lot of trouble even putting estimated lot lines on a map. There is at least 1 lawsuit in NC where they are saying you can't even do orthomosaic maps without a survey license (Michigan isn't that bad, but close).

Not saying to not do it, but make sure you are either a licensed surveyor, or are working with one.

Reactions: lidardroneservices
Morning sir. I have a drone business here in MI, our name is LIDAR Drone Services. Email is [email protected]

Good luck! Shoot an email if you ever have any questions sir.
Welcome Jisenberg. I'm another Michigan guy with a part 107 license but not doing any commercial work so far.

Lidardroneservices, Have you made any headway with the DNR with drone deer recovery in Michigan? Saw some great videos of an operator doing that in Ohio. I watched the one you did on tribal land and saw the comments. It seems to be getting harder to find a dog tracker, so hoping they make some room for drones.

Welcome Jisenberg. I'm another Michigan guy with a part 107 license but not doing any commercial work so far.

Lidardroneservices, Have you made any headway with the DNR with drone deer recovery in Michigan? Saw some great videos of an operator doing that in Ohio. I watched the one you did on tribal land and saw the comments. It seems to be getting harder to find a dog tracker, so hoping they make some room for drones.
Unfortunately, their current stance is that it falls under the State’s definition of “take” and is viewed as illegal. My searches will be restricted to within reservation boundaries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM