Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello from Northern Ohio

SkyVista

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I have a commercial aerial photography business, SkyVista Aerials. I am also the Chief Pilot/Trainer for the Sheriff's Office, where I developed their SAR drone program. My current equipment is a Phantom 4 Pro. For the Sheriff's Office, we use an Inspire 1 v2 with a Z3 and FLIR.

Welcome to our newest forum .
Take a little time and look around all our subforums to find what suits you and besure to read our Guidelines and ask if you have any questions in a message to any of the staff .
Enjoy all the knowledge members have to offer .
0rojyyg-png.60

Also be sure and visit this thread CDP Giveaway - Phantom 4 Pro... :)

Hello and welcome to the forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

Allen

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Good morning SV, It would be great to share your information how you were able to get into the position Training for the Sheriff's?

The short version is that I am the official LE chaplain for 4 local agencies. I also bought my first DJI drone Phantom FC40, years ago, and began upgrading from there just because I thought drones were extremely cool! Being the Agency Chaplain, I normally show up to LE scenes and events to offer support. I arrived at a standoff event and informed the Sheriff that I was on scene with my drone, if it was needed. At that time I had moved up to a Phantom 3 Pro. The Sheriff called and asked me to do a perimeter search, which I did. After that, I was tasked with researching what it would take to develop a Drone/SAR program for our agency. We settled on the Inspire1. We added our FLIR camera a year later. I also worked with the FAA and obtained our COA and our agency had me attain my Part 107 license. Since I was the originator or the program, and put together our Drone SOP, I was appointed as the Chief Pilot and trainer. I have worked with the Secret Service flying security/perimeter missions, our SWAT team etc. I am an official employee of the Sheriff's Office when operating the SAR drone and volunteer when operating as the Chaplain. Obviously, this all gives good credibility to my commercial drone business. I also train LE Chaplains for other LE agencies in our area. My full-time job is a Sr. Pastor.

Reactions: AH-1G
The short version is that I am the official LE chaplain for 4 local agencies. I also bought my first DJI drone Phantom FC40, years ago, and began upgrading from there just because I thought drones were extremely cool! Being the Agency Chaplain, I normally show up to LE scenes and events to offer support. I arrived at a standoff event and informed the Sheriff that I was on scene with my drone, if it was needed. At that time I had moved up to a Phantom 3 Pro. The Sheriff called and asked me to do a perimeter search, which I did. After that, I was tasked with researching what it would take to develop a Drone/SAR program for our agency. We settled on the Inspire1. We added our FLIR camera a year later. I also worked with the FAA and obtained our COA and our agency had me attain my Part 107 license. Since I was the originator or the program, and put together our Drone SOP, I was appointed as the Chief Pilot and trainer. I have worked with the Secret Service flying security/perimeter missions, our SWAT team etc. I am an official employee of the Sheriff's Office when operating the SAR drone and volunteer when operating as the Chaplain. Obviously, this all gives good credibility to my commercial drone business. I also train LE Chaplains for other LE agencies in our area. My full-time job is a Sr. Pastor.

It's really a blessing how you stepped onto the drone arena thanks for sharing.:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM