Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello from not so sunny Albany NY

overexposures

Reaction score
Website
overexposures.net
My main interest is in Aerial Cinematography, but looking to diversify.
The Positive:
I have been flying UAVs for almost 5 years. What I believe differentiates me from my competition is my 30-plus years of video production, editing, and color grading background.
The Negative:
I am in a state of continual frustration with non-licensed, unsafe and uninsured pilots underbidding jobs and getting them.

I am very happy to be here and meet you all!

Robert

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to our newest forum .
Take a little time and look around all our subforums to find what suits you and besure to read our Guidelines and ask if you have any questions in a message to any of the staff .
Enjoy all the knowledge members have to offer .
0rojyyg-png.60

Also be sure and visit this thread CDP Giveaway - Phantom 4 Pro... :)

Hello and welcome to the forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

Robert I can tell you from years of "Doing this" that you'll be better off just concentrating on adding to your skill set and don't give the "Rogue" operators a 2nd thought... UNLESS they are doing something unsafe. If that's the case report them immediately.

I come from a background of doing this long before anyone even called them "Drones" and we were operating legally and safely in every aspect. A few years back it suddenly required a full Pilot's License and a Section 333 Exemption to make a single penny. So we jumped through those hoops to remain "legal". Then it only required a $150 fee and an uber easy test bank. The cost of entry is woefully low and unfortunately only the high end clients are willing to pay for talent and experience anymore. As soon as Johnny boy who just got his driver's license and a credit card could become an "Aerial Producer" the race to the bottom became a lot shorter and more dramatic.

Allen

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shook DroneWorks LLC