Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello from Portland, Or

GStuart

Reaction score
Hi all from Radio Tower Co.
We just got our M210 V2 with a Z30 sensor. We will primarily be focusing on inspection work in the broadcast tower industry. I personally have a P3 std and a P4 Pro that I have learned on over the last 3 years. I am hoping that there will be a forum opened on the M210 or tower inspection work.
My first challenge (after getting everything updated and talking to each other) is an altitude limitation.
The DJI Pilot app lets me set the max altitude in the Equipment tab to a 20m - 500m range. Since the towers we inspect can be up to 1200 ft tall I need the 500m upper limit. Unfotunately the pilot app is displaying altitude in "feet" and reading the limit restriction as "feet". I can only fly to 494 ft. Has anyone found a way to change the units in the display to meters instead of feet?

Thanks for the help.
Gary Stuart

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

Allen

Welcome to our forum .
Take a little time and look around all our subforums to find what suits you and besure to read our Guidelines and ask if you have any questions in a message to any of the staff .
Enjoy all the knowledge members have to offer .
0rojyyg-png.60

Hello All M210 Pilots -
A follow up on the flight altitude restriction situation. I did find the unit settings in the DJI Pilot app, it is in the "more (...)" section of the settings. That however was not my problem. The tower I was trying to inspect (1000') just happened to be in the corner of an approach path for the Portland Airport and the DJI geofencing function was limiting flight to 150 m ( 492').
The solution is to go to dji.com/flysafe and request a temporary "unlock" for the altitude restriction, then upload that permission to the Pilot app (see attached instruction file). The process was pretty straight forward and even though it looked like I was going to need a LAANC authorization as I read the directions that was not necessary and the authorization from DJI came back to me within 2 hours. Thank you DJI. My next problem was that I could not find a way to get it into the Pilot app so I emailed the flysafe group and got a reply within 24 hr and was able to find the necessary options in the app. I still haven't flown sucessfully to the top of the tower because other work took me past the 72 hr limit of the unlock but I will try again this week.
Hope this is useful to others.
Regards
Gary Stuart
Radio Tower Co
Portland, Or

Attachments

• New Unlocking Steps for DJI Pilot App V2.pdf
    665.9 KB · Views: 0

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads