Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello from SA

copterockter

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

i guess i might be the first south african joining the site (or nor lol ?) I've been flying commercially for 2 years (but forced to scale down to almost zero at the moment) i have many years rc experience fixed wing,heli and multi.

Being in south africa i feel quite isolated and sometimes wonder if i should continue to pursue a work in the drone industry, because...

South african drone regulations is extremyly strict and makes it hard for one to do any work except for the 20 odd wealthy companies that can afford to which already have full time pilots, there are around 300 rpas pilots in the country, yet very little opportunities for all.

So that leaves me somewhat isolated, wondering if i might get a better opportunity overseas, however i have never seen anyone presenting opportunities for people abroad ?

This is a great site, thanks for letting me register here :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://commercialdronepilots.com/account/personal-details

Allen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM