Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello from San Diego, California

Moosewax

Reaction score
Hi all! Occasional Inspire Pilots forum user for the last couple years. Saw this new group and liked the posts and discussions going on in here. Hope to contribute to the discussions.

I fly mostly multirotors professionally, usually the DJI M600 Pro, sometimes the P4P for basic oblique photos and video, and when we do large areas we sometimes use the Sensefly eBee.

Usually doing LiDAR, RGB orthophotos, multispectral for aerial survey/mapping and some thermal/LWIR work.

Been working in the UAS industry for the last 3 years and been flying missions almost every week for over a year now much of it in Southern California, however we do deploy nationwide so I have done multiple projects in Hawaii, Florida, New England, Texas, etc.

Also love flying/building/repairing recreational model aircraft; fixed wing and small FPV quads. I enjoy the technical side of things and design custom integrations for sensors on the M600 Pro as well.

Cheers!

-Chris

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge, for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Reactions: Moosewax
Welcome, what a great place to live. Spent a considerable amount of time there with the Navy. How touchy is the Navy if you have a job close to any of the bases?

Welcome, what a great place to live. Spent a considerable amount of time there with the Navy. How touchy is the Navy if you have a job close to any of the bases?
I haven't had to deal with the navy yet so I am not sure. I have done some work on the marine bases out here (Pendleton and Miramar). We were doing projects for utilities on the bases so it took time to get to the right people and get access. For Miramar we got an Airspace Authorization too.

For Pendleton we coordinate with Longrifle to get access to the restricted airspace. We do work there on weekends mostly. This helps because the airfield on Pendleton is typically closed weekends and the airspace reverts to G. I have done about 10 days of work on Pendleton and it is some of the scariest airspace I have ever worked in. Blackhawks, Cobras and Ospreys, low and fast all over. Only other thing close was working infield of an active Class G airport.

I haven't had to deal with the navy yet so I am not sure. I have done some work on the marine bases out here (Pendleton and Miramar). We were doing projects for utilities on the bases so it took time to get to the right people and get access. For Miramar we got an Airspace Authorization too.

For Pendleton we coordinate with Longrifle to get access to the restricted airspace. We do work there on weekends mostly. This helps because the airfield on Pendleton is typically closed weekends and the airspace reverts to G. I have done about 10 days of work on Pendleton and it is some of the scariest airspace I have ever worked in. Blackhawks, Cobras and Ospreys, low and fast all over. Only other thing close was working infield of an active Class G airport.

For many airports we try to operate when they are closed and the airspace goes Class G. The digital chart supplement ( Chart Supplements – Basic Search ) helps greatly in identifying those scenarios. I can give better instructions on where to find that info if anyone is interested.

I thought the Navy bailed out of Miramar, it use to be considered fighter town and a training base for the fighter jocks including the top gun guys.
I guess most of them went to Lemoore.
Pendelton, I can imagine that is fast changing environment.

Good luck.

Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://commercialdronepilots.com/account/personal-details

Allen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmcclure.wadnr