Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello from San Jose

Outta Control

Reaction score
Website
www.hoveranalytics.com
Just a bit about me. I am a Level 1 sUAS Thermographer , an instructor for Drone University USA, and developed a drone-awareness course through a county's public library system since 2015. The course is called, "Drones: An Introduction to a Modern Phenomenon" and has been a huge hit.

On a non-drone side, I am award winning, 25 year motorcycle instructor for the state of (PRK) People's Republic of Kalifornia aka California.

Last edited:
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge, for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

What is a level 1 thermographer? What are the requirements?

A Level 1 Thermographer is a globally recognized individual that has been certified through the ANST/NDT standards. Basically we certified by FLIR to execute, analyze, and interpret thermal data. A sUAS Thermologist can accomplish the same duties and skill as a standard Thermologist but we understand external challenges such as the effects of wind, moisture, solar, and more.

Now based on my babble. I have to say 90% of all sUAS remote operator do not need to be certified but soon there will be some on site courses available to help guide you to be an effective thermographer.

Reactions: AIA.AI and Maddog
A Level 1 Thermographer is a globally recognized individual that has been certified through the ANST/NDT standards. Basically we certified by FLIR to execute, analyze, and interpret thermal data. A sUAS Thermologist can accomplish the same duties and skill as a standard Thermologist but we understand external challenges such as the effects of wind, moisture, solar, and more.

Now based on my babble. I have to say 90% of all sUAS remote operator do not need to be certified but soon there will be some on site courses available to help guide you to be an effective thermographer.
I never knew such a thing existed, so thanks for educating all of us!

Reactions: Outta Control
Just a bit about me. I am a Level 1 sUAS Thermographer , an instructor for Drone University USA, and developed a drone-awareness course through a county's public library system since 2015. The course is called, "Drones: An Introduction to a Modern Phenomenon" and has been a huge hit.

On a non-drone side, I am award winning, 25 year motorcycle instructor for the state of (PRK) People's Republic of Kalifornia aka California.

Can you share more about the course you created for your library system? I’d love to propose a similar program here in Fairfax, VA.
Second question if I might! I have a potential job doing flightline aerial video on the airport at SJC later this year. Putting aside the required Airspace Authorization and local ATC coordination requirements, are there any other local San Jose ordinance “challenges” that I need to address?
Thanks for any insight!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM