Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello from South Spain, Malaga area

BushCaptain

Reaction score
I am new to the drone business and have only been flying cheaper ones to get an understanding of controlling the drone in manual mode.

As a certified DPO (dynamic positioning operator) on-board offshore ships I have found many similarities to how a drone works. It has the same setup with controller unit(s), MRU:s or VRS (vertical reference sensor) as we call it, position reference units as DGPS and multiple more depending on the required stability. OS (Operator station) that will be the remote controller for a drone.
Surge (forward backward), yaw and sway (side to side)are the only tree axles we can control on a ship. Heave (up down), pitch and roll can only be taken in to the calculation by the VRS and automatically compensated for.

I have never been much in to photography or filmmaking, but with a background from commercial diving and as a certified electrician I have more interest in the use of drones for industrial, telecom and construction inspections.

So here I am, just found this interesting forum where I hope to find more in depth information about commercial use of drones.

I'm at the moment in the process of taking my licence here in Spain. Thinking of getting a phantom 4 as a start, seems to be the one many are using and there are easy to find spares and support locally. Even though I like the yuneec's drones and the controller with a built in screen.

I would be happy for any input of working commercially here in Spain or in the decision making of which drone to start with.
//Andreas

Last edited:
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge, for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Reactions: BushCaptain
Hello and welcome! Had the opportunity to fly in Malaga and Marbella about a year ago (for leisure/recreational purposes). Loved it there. See you around the forum, and safe flying! :cool:

Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

Allen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StewR