Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello From Springfield Missouri

rolling56

Reaction score
My name is Bob i'm 61 and i am a FAA Part 107 Certificate holder.
I purchased a couple of DJI Mavics in May of 2017 and decided to go for the 107 cert out of boredom and passed with a score of 82% on 10/13/17. 3 weeks later i took my Tech and General FCC HAM exams and passed both of those. I have an old friend that i used to talk to on CB radios back in the mid 60's that went on to the HAM side and has been bugging me for many years to get my HAM ticket. KA0RLB is my call sign.
I am currently a care taker for my wife so not much time for flying. I am looking for ways to use the part 107 in this situation but not having much luck but will continue to look.
I've always been a weather nut and grew up near Whiteman AFB. In the late 50's and 60's they would break the sound barrier and scared the heck out of me each time lol so i have been interested in aviation ever since.
Thank you for opening up this forum and i will participate when/if i can help out. I'm sure the "real" pilots will have better info than i have and my hat is off to them :) Have a great day everyone.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge, for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Reactions: rolling56
My name is Bob i'm 61 and i am a FAA Part 107 Certificate holder.
I purchased a couple of DJI Mavics in May of 2017 and decided to go for the 107 cert out of boredom and passed with a score of 82% on 10/13/17. 3 weeks later i took my Tech and General FCC HAM exams and passed both of those. I have an old friend that i used to talk to on CB radios back in the mid 60's that went on to the HAM side and has been bugging me for many years to get my HAM ticket. KA0RLB is my call sign.
I am currently a care taker for my wife so not much time for flying. I am looking for ways to use the part 107 in this situation but not having much luck but will continue to look.
I've always been a weather nut and grew up near Whiteman AFB. In the late 50's and 60's they would break the sound barrier and scared the heck out of me each time lol so i have been interested in aviation ever since.
Thank you for opening up this forum and i will participate when/if i can help out. I'm sure the "real" pilots will have better info than i have and my hat is off to them :) Have a great day everyone.
My father was K5RXP, AF5RXP and was ASA Military during cold war, recipient 5 Bronze stars.
I have 100 or so HAM #'s (cards) from behind the curtain and Free Europe all in the early 60's and a few from the late 50's.
Example below, I erased the License # not sure if I should let it be seen?
View attachment 37

My father was K5RXP, AF5RXP and was ASA Military during cold war, recipient 5 Bronze stars.
I have 100 or so HAM #'s (cards) from behind the curtain and Free Europe all in the early 60's and a few from the late 50's.
Example below, I erased the License # not sure if I should let it be seen?
View attachment 37
wow what a treasure you have there. Like i said i just got back into radio so i have no info for you sorry. I did look up that call sign K5RXP and comes up a person in Broken Arrow,OK last name Hall.

wow what a treasure you have there. Like i said i just got back into radio so i have no info for you sorry. I did look up that call sign K5RXP and comes up a person in Broken Arrow,OK last name Hall.
Correct. I moved my parents from Oklahoma to Ocoee, Fl several years ago. He is now deceased. I like to know how valuable the cards are, if at all? I think I'll attend a HAM event sometime. Oh well I think we're getting off subject.

Correct. I moved my parents from Oklahoma to Ocoee, Fl several years ago. He is now deceased. I like to know how valuable the cards are, if at all? I think I'll attend a HAM event sometime. Oh well I think we're getting off subject.
I have no idea if they are worth anything. If you have time i would get a couple of appraisals for them. Their might be some dignitaries? mixed in. One person might tell you they will give you $5 for all of them and the worth be more..........you never know.

I have no idea if they are worth anything. If you have time i would get a couple of appraisals for them. Their might be some dignitaries? mixed in. One person might tell you they will give you $5 for all of them and the worth be more..........you never know.
I'm curious why he would you be in contact with Russians in Russia and other parts of the eastern block aid during the cold war. I do know may dad had a high level security clearance, I have to wait until 2025 to view some of those, a 75 year classified restriction. He was also involved when Powers was shot down, at the time he was in the control room tower when it happened, he mentioned to others "we're in a lot of sh_t now!" :cool:

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

Allen

I was hoping this forum wasn't going to be another "my ***** is bigger than yours" forum but..........it is. I'm going to lose the bookmark from here and just read through the Saturday email digest. I guess i was hoping for better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM