Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Here+ RTK Base Station GPS Antenna Tripod Mount

Aerial Edge

Reaction score
Website
aerialedgeva.com
If anyone here uses a version of this, you know that the factory GPS Antenna works really well. I have tried a couple of antennas and they all seemed to not perform as well as the factory one. But this antenna design leaves a lot to be desired for tripod mounting solutions. Yes it works great on the top of a truck but I know some people are worried about the base moving. It seems the Firmware updated on the M8P chip should elevate that fear but I wanted to come up with a better solution. I designed a 3D printed antenna mount for a tripod that has Arca Swiss plate built in. Happy how well it fit the first generation was. It is available for download for Free from Thingverse and will have it available on my site for those that do not have a 3d Printer. Hope it helps someone.

Attachments

• IMG_6826.jpg
    IMG_6826.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6825.jpg
    IMG_6825.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6823.jpg
    IMG_6823.jpg
    487.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6824.jpg
    IMG_6824.jpg
    440.6 KB · Views: 4
How are you using your Here+ RTK and how well is it working? I am curious about how well the unit can hold position for hovering and even for auto landing? I have a PixHawk2 I would like to make a larger, heavy lift quad for caring a better camera. Comments about it would be appreciated! Also, thanks for the print file, I’ll definitely use that if I get one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143