Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hovering at a specific GPS Coordinate Location (M600 Pro)

Zentech

Reaction score
Long story short, I need to hover my M600 Pro over a given LAT/LONG coordinate. Whats the best way to automate the flight to a specific coordinate?

It's pretty much App dependent. What apps do you currently use? I haven't tried (yet) but I remember someone saying the AutoPilot App does but I'm not sure what's available for the M600 Pro.

Reactions: Outta Control
I currently just use Go. I was thinking about trying to set a waypoint to the coordinate and then let it hover but I am unsure how accurately the M600 Pro would pick up coords. I heard about Litchi and AutoPilot but I figured I would get some first hand reviews about this specific scenario if I could.

I currently just use Go. I was thinking about trying to set a waypoint to the coordinate and then let it hover but I am unsure how accurately the M600 Pro would pick up coords. I heard about Litchi and AutoPilot but I figured I would get some first hand reviews about this specific scenario if I could.

Do a test flight, extract data in Google Earth. Since DJI uses GPS/GLONASS, the accuracy is extremely good.

How would I go about getting that data from GE? I only question the accuracy because the other day when I was flying the Coords within GO were not changing in real time. Didn't know if this was supposed to happen or..

How would I go about getting that data from GE? I only question the accuracy because the other day when I was flying the Coords within GO were not changing in real time. Didn't know if this was supposed to happen or..

Telemetry has to be converted or uploaded. There are ample sites aside GE, for example, Garmin amongst many...

It's pretty much App dependent. What apps do you currently use? I haven't tried (yet) but I remember someone saying the AutoPilot App does but I'm not sure what's available for the M600 Pro.
I use the AutoPilot App. Use the "Target" mission (there are a handful of mission types). Position the AC where you want it to be in the sky, tap the "C2" button and save that exact spot (call a "Mark"; long/lat/alt) for next time. Just save the mission and name it. You can call it up anytime.

Alternatively, you can simply type in your coordinates (see below):

Supported AC types: Autopilot

Last edited:
I use the AutoPilot App. Use the "Target" mission (there are a handful of mission types). Position the AC where you want it to be in the sky, tap the "C2" button and save that exact spot (call a "Mark"; long/lat/alt) for next time. Just save the mission and name it. You can call it up anytime.

View attachment 1483

Excellent and spot on reply.

Reactions: dougcjohn
I fly an M600 and use Litchi a lot.
Waypoint missions mainly.
Create a new mission and drop a point where you want to be or close enough.
Then edit the latitude and longitude manually for that point.
You can always create a mission to fly to that point with multiple steps but one will do .
Set the Parameter to "Hover" on mission end.
You will have complete control of the drone at that point.
Name the mission and save.
Be aware that some of the Litchi options - stop - camera on - off etc may not work properly with the M600.
There are plenty of tutorials on-line - Youtube

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Waypoint flylitchi.com.png
    Waypoint flylitchi.com.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 5

View attachment 1483

Side question for Autopilot... they seem to have gone silent in response & upgrades to support newer craft like the Mavic 2 Z/Pro. Have you heard or have any additional insight of their status? I was hoping to hear back from them on a few attempts that they were developing a new version, but haven't heard zip.
AutoPilot is (was) a very strong App, and kinda leaves Litchi as the primary survivor as a few new ones get all worked out... DroneHarmony and HammerMissions. Another is FlightPlan by Beyound the Cube, simplistic interface but pretty complete and accurate.

Side question for Autopilot... they seem to have gone silent in response & upgrades to support newer craft like the Mavic 2 Z/Pro. Have you heard or have any additional insight of their status? I was hoping to hear back from them on a few attempts that they were developing a new version, but haven't heard zip.
AutoPilot is (was) a very strong App, and kinda leaves Litchi as the primary survivor as a few new ones get all worked out... DroneHarmony and HammerMissions. Another is FlightPlan by Beyound the Cube, simplistic interface but pretty complete and accurate.
I've had horrible responses from Hangar (AutoPilot) for Tech Support now for several months. I have half a dozen requests that have yet to be touched. It doesn't look good for Hangar IMHO.

Reactions: Kristina Fowler
I've had horrible responses from Hangar (AutoPilot) for Tech Support now for several months. I have half a dozen requests that have yet to be touched. It doesn't look good for Hangar IMHO.
You’ve gotten future than me, I’ve sent 4 support questions over last 4-6 months and received zip... only the bounce back email indicating they received. I’m assuming they’ve ceased Autopilot development, I think the core money generating side of company is still operating and stopped the autopilot app.

It was a super product, getting better with each upgrade! I was... am hopeful one day in near future we get greeted with a new version. Ya... doubtful, but hopeful.

Reactions: Kristina Fowler
You’ve gotten future than me, I’ve sent 4 support questions over last 4-6 months and received zip... only the bounce back email indicating they received. I’m assuming they’ve ceased Autopilot development, I think the core money generating side of company is still operating and stopped the autopilot app.

It was a super product, getting better with each upgrade! I was... am hopeful one day in near future we get greeted with a new version. Ya... doubtful, but hopeful.

I got GREAT customer service with them last year and they resolved 2 different software issues for me in a matter of a few days. Fast forward to 2019 and I also only get the "Template" email where they received my request.

For the record, my issues are with Hangar 360 (Pano and stitching program) not with AutoPilot but they are all under the same "Company Umbrella". My concern is they have migrated away from their "consumer" level products and are placing all of their eggs (money and support) in their Enterprise solutions.

When Litchi was giving me false errors. I switched back to Autopilot after a year of not using the app, and I noticed that during WP missions the drone would rotate in one of its point. I thought it was odd, so I ran the same mission again, second time it rotated 120 on each of the points. Similar to DroneDeploy during its early firmware.

I reinstalled Autopilot and now I’m not able to link the app to DJI and it keeps sending me a “verification” reminder.

Contacted Autopilot support and to this day they have not gotten back to me.

When Litchi was giving me false errors. I switched back to Autopilot after a year of not using the app, and I noticed that during WP missions the drone would rotate in one of its point. I thought it was odd, so I ran the same mission again, second time it rotated 120 on each of the points. Similar to DroneDeploy during its early firmware.

I reinstalled Autopilot and now I’m not able to link the app to DJI and it keeps sending me a “verification” reminder.

Contacted Autopilot support and to this day they have not gotten back to me.

It doesn't sound very promising for Hangar with more and more reports of poor Customer Service.

It'd be a lot better for all concerned, if they're out of business or simply not in the SW development business... to take a few minutes and modify their Web Site, the automated response, etc. indicating shop is closed or out of business. It's odd that communication just ended but Web Site & various services remain online.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mneeze