Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hovering in Huntsville, AL

Kentrol72

Reaction score
Greetings all! I'm excited to see this forum established. A few years ago, a coworker spoke to me about his plans of getting training and volunteering for local emergency response, search and rescue. He showed me drones were being used to help search areas from aloft. I had never heard of this before but thought this was one of the best ideas ever. I did a search for other drone applications and found that they could be used for structural inspections, real estate, cinematography, etc... I was excited, interested, and thought this could be a great opportunity to get into a growing field that has so much potential. I wanted to be a part of it but had never flown an r/c aircraft.

I purchased a small quad (Dromida Vista) to learn how to fly without any automation software (shy of the auto stabilizer). After spending the winter zipping the Vista around my house chasing my family and plastering the walls I was confident enough to step it up and buy a DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. I have been a Phantom pilot for almost 2 years now and as of July 2017 I am a FAA Part 107 certified UAS Remote Pilot.

After dreaming of doing some "for hire" contract jobs, I completed my first roof inspection of a self-storage facility this past Friday using my P3A, receiving outstanding feedback on the requested shots and quality of the images. A great way to bring in 2018 with optimism and good fortune! I will be acquiring a Phantom 4 Pro within the next month so that I can provide a better product and broaden my opportunities.

I look forward to sharing my experiences and learning from you all here. Wishing you all best of luck!

Ken

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge, for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Reactions: Kentrol72

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV