Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

How to receive an FAA-issued Part 107 License Card (not the digital certificate)?

Drone615

Reaction score
Website
drone615.net
Like many of you, I've had a Part 107 license for several years and have taken the recurrence exam twice since obtaining it in 2018. The only number unique to my license is the Course Completion Certificate Number listed on the digital certificate (not pictured). This number is my license number when used for insurance and contract agreements. Below is an image I pulled off the Internet as an example of the FAA UAS license card now being issued to new certificate holders. This may sound picky, but how do I get one of these? Having my UAS card match my (crewed) commercial pilot license in my wallet would be nice. Any thoughts?
FAA-Drone-License-Blog.jpg

Like many of you, I've had a Part 107 license for several years and have taken the recurrence exam twice since obtaining it in 2018. The only number unique to my license is the Course Completion Certificate Number listed on the digital certificate (not pictured). This number is my license number when used for insurance and contract agreements. Below is an image I pulled off the Internet as an example of the FAA UAS license card now being issued to new certificate holders. This may sound picky, but how do I get one of these? Having my UAS card match my (crewed) commercial pilot license in my wallet would be nice. Any thoughts?
View attachment 4462
If you took the exam you would have gotten a card in the mail a month or two after completing it. If you lost it you can get a replacement.

The first option is to request one electronically by using the FAA Airmen On-Line Services

To start this process, log in using an existing account or create a new account if you do not have one.

The second option is to fill out an application and mail it to the FAA, or send a signed, written request stating the following:
  • Name
  • Date and place of birth
  • Social Security Number and/or certificate number
  • The reason for the replacement certification card
A check or money order for $2 (USD) must be made payable to the FAA for each certificate replacement request.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix le Chat