Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

I need a bit of help with setting up a waypoint mission...

Since it's clear "they" don't have good understanding of the dji flight ecosystem, show up when the plant's closed and get'r done. Turn in the deliverables on Monday. It also sounds like you're up against your knowledge/experience limit. Not a problem there either. Reach out to someone in your area that has more experience and hire them to help you out the first time.

Not trying to be a jerk. But what you want to accomplish is not difficult. We all had to start somewhere.
If I could just use my (commercially registered) Mavic 2 Pro, or Spark, or even my Mavic Mini, this would be simple. But, even though I use my own tools to do my day to day job, they don’t want us using our own drones on the site. The issues I’m having all stem from a lack of internet (and therefore map data) access on the controller they want me to use.

I use three programs, DJI, Drone Deploy, and Litchi. I have had more issues with DJI software than I have had with Litchi or Drone Deploy. Besides, you can't do mapping with DJI software. Ask you management to do a little research.
They are not requiring mapping. They just want progress update pictures. I’d like to be able to give them pictures from the same positions/angles so they can compare apples to apples, so a saved flight path seems the simplest way to meet that requirement. I’d like to do the mapping for a couple reasons:
1) I’d rather learn while it’s not required, and on someone else’s dime.
and
2) I think it would be a good demonstration to show potential clients when they come to our group with “I see you are using drones, what can you do for me with them?”

The issues I’m havin
The issues I’m having all stem from a lack of internet (and therefore map data) access on the controller they want me to use.

Yeah, it is kind of sad that "official" dji software (and hardware) can be so inadequate. That it is aimed at "enterprise" is sort of a joke, unfortunately.

They are not requiring mapping. They just want progress update pictures. I’d like to be able to give them pictures from the same positions/angles so they can compare apples to apples, so a saved flight path seems the simplest way to meet that requirement. I’d like to do the mapping for a couple reasons:
1) I’d rather learn while it’s not required, and on someone else’s dime.
and
2) I think it would be a good demonstration to show potential clients when they come to our group with “I see you are using drones, what can you do for me with them?”

PM me, I'll give you a link to the Multivista site and you can show them first hand what Drone Deploy and Litchi will do, I have used both of them for over two years now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premier Drone Services