Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Imagine if a drone had done this!!

Keep in mind that the aircraft was being operated under a Public Safety COA so their rules are a bit different. I'm not saying that was SAFE or SMART but they are operating under a different set of rules.

I'm curious to see what comes of this as I'm sure several people have reported this to the FAA and a review will be taking place shortly if not already happening.

Reactions: R Martin and SanCap
Keep in mind that the aircraft was being operated under a Public Safety COA so their rules are a bit different. I'm not saying that was SAFE or SMART but they are operating under a different set of rules.

I'm curious to see what comes of this as I'm sure several people have reported this to the FAA and a review will be taking place shortly if not already happening.

Understood, it could have easily gotten worse if any of the debris flying impacted a main or tail rotor. I believe it was irresponsible use of a helicopter for a non emergency. Someone may get their hand slapped. Who would have ever thought that the rotor wash could lift an unsecured EZ-Up shelter :)

Understood, it could have easily gotten worse if any of the debris flying impacted a main or tail rotor. I believe it was irresponsible use of a helicopter for a non emergency. Someone may get their hand slapped. Who would have ever thought that the rotor wash could lift an unsecured EZ-Up shelter :)

Brings back fond memories of prop surfing on the flight deck....

Reactions: BigAl07 and SanCap
it could have easily gotten worse if any of the debris flying impacted a main or tail rotor. I believe it was irresponsible use of a helicopter for a non emergency. Someone may get their hand slapped.

The PIC's judgement was definitely impaired, badge or no badge.
That's text-book reckless operation right there. The consequences of a mishap are crazy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN