Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Integrating UAS in FD drills

I fly for FD. I film training at the station and in the field. During our academy we have a burn building and I film academy burn day at the building. One of the tasks is to attack a burning propane tank with two crews. Aerial imagery/footage is priceless for this. I have filmed truck training/obstacle course, which is super cool from above. I have also filmed boat training. Training is a huge part, as the officers can only see two dimensions from the ground. An above ground look is priceless, and they’re still learning to depend on the ‘eye in the sky’.

I fly for FD. I film training at the station and in the field. During our academy we have a burn building and I film academy burn day at the building. One of the tasks is to attack a burning propane tank with two crews. Aerial imagery/footage is priceless for this. I have filmed truck training/obstacle course, which is super cool from above. I have also filmed boat training. Training is a huge part, as the officers can only see two dimensions from the ground. An above ground look is priceless, and they’re still learning to depend on the ‘eye in the sky’.

Many thanks for the feedback. Does the dept. have documented lesson plans integrating UAS in the training? If so, can you share them.

I to would be interested if you are willing to share any training/scenario documentation. I am former Law Enforcement, so I have that relationship with other First Responders in ares. Caught the Fire Chief's eye recently when some of my thermal work was posted on local media. Glad to give you credit

Many thanks for the feedback. Does the dept. have documented lesson plans integrating UAS in the training? If so, can you share them.
We dont have a plan, just a note in the SOG’s

Our plan is based on KISS. Also, our program is still evolving and you guys help more than you think!

As many of you know the Sierra mountains have a few steep hills, when cars go off the side in certain areas it can be a long ways down. A drone is a perfect tool to find out if your dealing with body recovery or rescue and that can make a big difference in how the FD handles. This is highway 49 between Mariposa and Coulterville.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM