Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Intro from N. Ireland

David Craig

Reaction score
Website
irishsights.com
I suppose I better do an intro here. I've been long time member of Inspirepilots.com, known over there as Irishsights and have been flying for over 4 years, currently using an I1 workhorse for around 3 years commercially. Concentrating mainly on mapping and 3D site recording in the heritage sector, although I've been doing more land develop topo's lately. I trained as a technical photographer in my younger days before heading into (non-photo) business and only now in my later working life getting back to a topic I have a passion for - archaeology and photography.

Reactions: PaulyD and dirkclod
I suppose I better do an intro here. I've been long time member of Inspirepilots.com, known over there as Irishsights and have been flying for over 4 years, currently using an I1 workhorse for around 3 years commercially. Concentrating mainly on mapping and 3D site recording in the heritage sector, although I've been doing more land develop topo's lately. I trained as a technical photographer in my younger days before heading into (non-photo) business and only now in my later working life getting back to a topic I have a passion for - archaeology and photography.

Hi David, a fellow Norn Iron member here, Bangor based.

Like you I have a photographic / video background, I am adding aerial media to compliment ground-based video. I don't have your flying experience though. I have a P4P which has impressive camera stats, I'm looking forward to the better weather in spring.

I'm a hobbyist for now, I'm in Ground School tomorrow and sitting my PfCO theory on Tuesday with flight test in the next couple of weeks. It has been hard to get out and practice for it with the weather of late. Wading through the Operations Manual prep / research as I speak.

Paul

Like you I have a photographic / video background, I am adding aerial media to compliment ground-based video. I don't have your flying experience though. I have a P4P which has impressive camera stats, I'm looking forward to the better weather in spring.

I'm a hobbyist for now, I'm in Ground School tomorrow and sitting my PfCO theory on Tuesday with flight test in the next couple of weeks. It has been hard to get out and practice for it with the weather of late. Wading through the Operations Manual prep / research as I speak.

Paul
Hi Paul, there are a few PfCO holders here in Bangor. Send me a PM and we'll meet for a coffee sometime.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://commercialdronepilots.com/account/personal-details

Allen

Paul
Hi David and Paul, another NI based lad here. Living in Warrenpoint. I'm similar to David, flying a I1 , 3 years PfCO now doing varied video /photography and a little mapping. Give me a shout if you're ever up around the Mournes.
Regards
Paul (pj)

Hi David and Paul, another NI based lad here. Living in Warrenpoint. I'm similar to David, flying a I1 , 3 years PfCO now doing varied video /photography and a little mapping. Give me a shout if you're ever up around the Mournes.
Regards
Paul (pj)

Hey PJ (if that's less confusing that 2 Pauls),

good to see another local operator, there are a few of us about.

I'd look forward to shooting in the Mournes at some point, I drove through past Spelga in the summer but on a mission. It might be fun to make a day trip. I'm in Bangor, much less scenic and under the City Airport flight path. :)

P

Hey PJ (if that's less confusing that 2 Pauls),

good to see another local operator, there are a few of us about.

I'd look forward to shooting in the Mournes at some point, I drove through past Spelga in the summer but on a mission. It might be fun to make a day trip. I'm in Bangor, much less scenic and under the City Airport flight path. :)

P
Aye, I'm spoilt up here. I run a page called Mourne Images. I put very little of my commercial activities on it because i like to keep it separate to my commercial work combined with customer confidentiality. Shout if you're ever planning on being about and i'll meet you if possible.
Pj

Reactions: NIFLY
Aye, I'm spoilt up here. I run a page called Mourne Images. I put very little of my commercial activities on it because i like to keep it separate to my commercial work combined with customer confidentiality. Shout if you're ever planning on being about and i'll meet you if possible.
Pj
Nice work there PJ. Did some coastal erosion work at Murlough sand dunes a while back. Missed out on the big Mourne survey though. Do you know Aquilis in Kilkeel, also a PfCO holder they got the job? Did a like on your page. Mines on FB at @irishsights

Reactions: PaulyD
Nice work there PJ. Did some coastal erosion work at Murlough sand dunes a while back. Missed out on the big Mourne survey though. Do you know Aquilis in Kilkeel, also a PfCO holder they got the job? Did a like on your page. Mines on FB at @irishsights

Yes mate, I was doing a job for NMDDC and they asked if i'd be interested in that Mourne Survey job. It was me who passed them on to David at Aquilis. I used to work with his brother many moons ago. They do mainly survey work fixed wing and I knew he'd do the job alot quicker than i would with the Inspire.
I think i may already like your page but i'll go on now and return the favour.
Where are you based David? In the event i get offered anything in your neck of the woods I can forward it to you.

Yes mate, I was doing a job for NMDDC and they asked if i'd be interested in that Mourne Survey job. It was me who passed them on to David at Aquilis. I used to work with his brother many moons ago. They do mainly survey work fixed wing and I knew he'd do the job alot quicker than i would with the Inspire.
I think i may already like your page but i'll go on now and return the favour.
Where are you based David? In the event i get offered anything in your neck of the woods I can forward it to you.
I got you pal, it wasnt the page i was thinking about (liked now) ... If i'm ever around the Bangor area I'll drop you a mail prior, though i very seldom dander that direction.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM