Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Is anyone finding success using sites like DroneBase and Droners.io to find jobs? Pros/Cons of these services

jamoring42

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I am looking to gain feedback about the pros and cons of using DroneBase and Drones.io to find jobs.

Hello Everyone, I am looking to gain feedback about the pros and cons of using DroneBase and Drones.io to find jobs.

I fly for DroneBase. I completely agree with the above post, but, how else do we get started? There has to be an entry level to get experience. I'm getting that. I have plans, but I need an entry point, and DB is providing that. Missions happen in waves. They come, to me anyway, in the middle of the night, and if I don't get up to pee at 3am and check my phone, the mission is taken by someone else by the time I get up. I'm getting good at peeing at 2:30 lol.

The missions are very basic and the pay is very bad. $50 for 5 shots. Takes about 10 minutes onsite. I have a Mavic 2 Zoom. I'm not sure if M2Pros or higher get more missions/higher pay, but I can count on roughly 3-5 missions a week. Don't quit your day job, but if you need an in point like I do, sign up. If you have a kickin' website, photography experience, buddies in construction, real estate significant other, or manned aerial photography experience like many here do, then don't.

Reactions: UpperAerialVision
With dronebase, It may come down to the area where you are. You will get jobs in time but never more then $200. Rates are usually between $50 and $200. Pay out is really quick and jobs are pretty simple. Just never shoot on a cloudy day. They prefer more sunny than cloudy.

I fly for DroneBase. I completely agree with the above post, but, how else do we get started? There has to be an entry level to get experience. I'm getting that. I have plans, but I need an entry point, and DB is providing that. Missions happen in waves. They come, to me anyway, in the middle of the night, and if I don't get up to pee at 3am and check my phone, the mission is taken by someone else by the time I get up. I'm getting good at peeing at 2:30 lol.

The missions are very basic and the pay is very bad. $50 for 5 shots. Takes about 10 minutes onsite. I have a Mavic 2 Zoom. I'm not sure if M2Pros or higher get more missions/higher pay, but I can count on roughly 3-5 missions a week. Don't quit your day job, but if you need an in point like I do, sign up. If you have a kickin' website, photography experience, buddies in construction, real estate significant other, or manned aerial photography experience like many here do, then don't.

Where are you located? I received 3 mission offers over the past 4 month, 2 were on the same but roughly 200 miles apart. I am in Rural Central NY between Utica and Syracuse

Reactions: UpperAerialVision
I completed two of their training courses over the winter but never did my training missions because it was winter and all the roofs were snow covered I need to get out and finish those. I have done one real estate job for $170. Easy job, took about an hour to fly and shoot footage then come home and upload. There was 10 or 12 videos and 40 to 45 stills very specific instruction on all shots so it made it simple.

I just don't like the scarcity of the jobs and how they disappear so fast, there were 2 commercial real estate jobs that came in exactly like the first one I did unfortunately I just offered to watch my grand kids for the afternoon plus all 4 batteries had discharged...bummer. They were gone an hour later.

Where are you located? I received 3 mission offers over the past 4 month, 2 were on the same but roughly 200 miles apart. I am in Rural Central NY between Utica and Syracuse
[/QUOTE

Central California. Maybe more housing turnover? The missions come in waves, but they do come and disappear quick if you're not on top of them right away.

I completed two of their training courses over the winter but never did my training missions because it was winter and all the roofs were snow covered I need to get out and finish those. I have done one real estate job for $170. Easy job, took about an hour to fly and shoot footage then come home and upload. There was 10 or 12 videos and 40 to 45 stills very specific instruction on all shots so it made it simple.

I just don't like the scarcity of the jobs and how they disappear so fast, there were 2 commercial real estate jobs that came in exactly like the first one I did unfortunately I just offered to watch my grand kids for the afternoon plus all 4 batteries had discharged...bummer. They were gone an hour later.

They never offered me to do the training for video. I'm starting to wonder if model of drone has anything to do with the types of missions offered. I have the M2Zoom and only do the simple RE shots. Front, L Side, R Side, 100' shot and Pano. 10 minutes tops. Can I ask what model you have?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164