Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Is DJI Air 2s a good starter drone for a pro?

hopeful

Reaction score
Hi.

I need a drone bigger than my DJI Mini to take the in person flight exam in Canada. Need a drone but don't have much to spend. If I get an Air 2s, could it be useful for some money-making jobs, surveying in particular? Or could you recommend something?

Thanks a lot!

Reactions: RGB
The Air2S is possibly the most Bang for your Buck currently.

In regards to "surveying in particular" I can't weigh in because I'm not familiar with it's Firmware and what 3rd Party Apps are compatible with it.

Reactions: RGB and MikeA
Hi.

I need a drone bigger than my DJI Mini to take the in person flight exam in Canada. Need a drone but don't have much to spend. If I get an Air 2s, could it be useful for some money-making jobs, surveying in particular? Or could you recommend something?

Thanks a lot!
I think we are still waiting on third parties like DroneDeploy to get waypoints working for mapping, but I have one and love it. Quick to deploy, good in hight wind and takes great photos for commercial use. MHO

I have an Air 2 s, great for photos and videos, but only drone deploy only has the beta version for mapping. So I bought an Mavic 2 pro for mapping this is good for most mapping sites.

Check out the mapping site you want to use and then look at the drones compatible with it. Also, make sure cell phone is compatible with the drone on that site.

I have an Air 2 s, great for photos and videos, but only drone deploy only has the beta version for mapping. So I bought an Mavic 2 pro for mapping this is good for most mapping sites.

Check out the mapping site you want to use and then look at the drones compatible with it. Also, make sure cell phone is compatible with the drone on that site.
@NicknMorty Have you tested the DD beta with A2S? I know I see it has a choice when creating a mission, but have not tried it yet. Not sure how I would cancel a mission gone bad. No ATTi switch

Reactions: BigAl07
It was a while ago so I can't really remember if I did or if I am thinking about my m2pro with drone deploy... I also at that time had android so maybe that's why I upgraded to an iPhone.

That was my fear to and I also upgraded because I couldn't find a lot of youtube videos or really any info on air 2s and drone deploy. There are other mapping sites that use mapping with an AIr 2s, but those videos on youtube are much older.

I have had my A2s since March and in that time have used it on all but two of my paid jobs. It is excellent (at least for my use case). I deliver photography and videography, no mapping. P4P could be purchased used for similar price as the A2s and is more suited for mapping with the global shutter.

It's surprising that no one mentioned Dronelink. The Air 2S CAN DO waypoint and photogrammetry missions since months ago... Same as the Mini 2.
It is without a doubt the most bang-for-your-buck drone at the moment.

Reactions: TreeLineView
I bought an Air2 S as it seemed a great value for the money. I use mine for scouting for Union TV & Movie Production as I am a Union Location Manager & Scout. I am very happy with it.

Reactions: BigAl07 and MikeA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shook DroneWorks LLC