Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Is there a DJI SDK based app out there...?

Dave Pitman

Reaction score
Has anyone run into an app that has a mode which will fly fairly straight autonomously without GPS? For example, just holding a heading and speed..

Has anyone run into an app that has a mode which will fly fairly straight autonomously without GPS? For example, just holding a heading and speed..
Not sure how an app can do that. Without GPS app is not gonna know any more than that drone does.

Reactions: Ajkm
I think you may need to consider the difference between ‘course’ and ‘heading’. They are different. A non-GPS aircraft might fly a consistent heading, but it’s course will be entirely determined by the wind and any air disturbances. In other words it may point in the same direction all the time, but the line it draws across the ground may well not (for which read, probably will not) match the direction it’s facing. Also, there’s a difference between automatic and autonomous operations. An automatic operation is deterministic and something like a preprogrammed flight path; it is predictable and repeatable with only the pilot able to make deviations from the programmed flight. An autonomous flight is goal-based and not deterministic or predictable, and the aircraft makes its own decisions to handle changing operational conditions without pilot intervention. GPS is clearly required for both.

Guys, I do understand the problems associated with non-gps flight. ;)

I simply asked if anyone knew of an app that will "attempt" to fly in a straight line without the use of GPS. DJI does this with course lock so I suspect a developer might have built a better mouse trap around that SDK hook. But maybe not. That's why I asked the community !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roy thellmann