Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Issues in Denver - FAA False Reporting

FLYBOYJ

Reaction score
Don't know if there's many folks on here in the Denver metro area but yesterday I received an e mail from an individual who claimed to be a 107 pilot who has been harassed by someone falsely reporting violations to our local FSDO. Apparently there's someone in my area who doesn't like competition. The individual who contacted me sounded pretty sincere and knew the "right names" of some safety inspectors at the Denver FSDO. I was wondering if any one else has had similar situations or if in my local area received similar e mails.

If true, I'd love for this clown to try to report my activities!

It happens all across the country. I had a competitor do the same to me back in 2016. Just answer the questions and move along. Don't waste your time investigating and worrying. Your time is better spent :)

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
It happens all across the country. I had a competitor do the same to me back in 2016. Just answer the questions and move along. Don't waste your time investigating and worrying. Your time is better spent :)

I hear ya Al. The guy that contacted me sounded pretty concerned. If this was true and if I was ever reported I think the FSDO folks would laugh as I know many of them dealing with sUAVs. When you're competition stoops that low it tells you that either you're really good or they're really bad! ;)

Last edited:
I hear ya Al. The guy that contacted me sounded pretty concerned. If this was true and if I was ever reported I think the FSDO folks would laugh as I know many of them dealing with sUAVs. When you're competition stoops that low it telly you that either you're really good or they're really bad! ;)

Just know that if someone does "Report You" they are required to investigate and fill out the report etc but it's no big deal and takes about 5 minutes of your time.

Reactions: FLYBOYJ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM