Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Its not just about piloting, send in the drones

Tim Jones

Reaction score
Was reading the article below. Mines are a scourge of war, both land and sea based. I particularly horrible weapon.
But with the right network of autonomous drones, mine field clearing becomes an easy task.

Which leads me back to my subject comment. I think too many people looking to make money in this industry are focusing on flying and gathering content, most commonly video but lots of sensors are there.

But
As this industry explodes there are lots of opportunities, esp as companion computers and more complex code will run on all sorts of drone platforms. Rovers, Subs etc

I still suspect eventually there will be additional skill sets Drone operators can learn to qualify them as skilled operators for a dizzying number of emerging industries

Keep you skills up no doubt, be a better operator and make sure when opportunity calls you are the top of your game.

Navy Undersea Drones Attack & Explode Sea Mines - Warrior Maven

Reactions: BigAl07
exactly, I am trying to watch trends and keep my operating skills sharp. Thinking of buying a rover next. I can fly pretty good, and can even build to a degree flying things. As a diver the sub UVs are cool but they are just getting started. Rovers are most developed behind UAVs

I started by using my phantom for roof inspections. I have a home/commercial inspection business, I hate climbing on roofs. Anyway that led to a contract doing commercial construction documentation. I'm now teaching my grandson the drone end of the business because I think the future is going to be tremendous for drone use. It is so much more than just flying a drone, it is knowing what to photograph, what your client wants to see, knowing your camera settings and capabilities, and of course marketing your skills. I think you young folks that are diving into this have some wonderful opportunities if you have the proper skills. I'm going to put in another plug for the company I'm currently contracted to, Multivista specializes in construction documentation, not just with drones but interior documentation as well, and they are a great company to work for, at least the San Francisco office is. They also have outstanding photography training.
So all you folks jumping into the drone business, I wish you the best of luck, it sure has been good to me.

Agree,
Polish your craft, excel at what you do. I seem to read everyday some new opportunity

I really think I want to go ahead and build a mapping tail sitter next

Agree,
Polish your craft, excel at what you do. I seem to read everyday some new opportunity

I really think I want to go ahead and build a mapping tail sitter next

Yes, there seems to be a lot of new opportunities being created every day, just not in rural Alabama All of the things I've read about are in and around larger cities.

Yes, there seems to be a lot of new opportunities being created every day, just not in rural Alabama All of the things I've read about are in and around larger cities.

It is like other jobs; sometimes you need to go where the work is. In the past I have traveled many miles and many hours to jobs, you just need to make sure the job pays enough to warrant the travel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143