Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

LAANC alternatives to AirMap

Clinton Carman

Reaction score
Website
www.carmanfire.com
Hello everyone,

I've routinely used AirMap for my LAANC approvals but will be teaching a class coming up and wanted to be able to give the students different options.

I've heard the Kittyhawk app can do it, but I've never used it. If anyone has/does use it, could you please comment on how easy it is, or the requirements for use?

Then I've also heard of thr Skyward.io website option. Again, if you have any experience with Skyward please comment.

Any other options out there that you use?

Thank you!!

Clinton

I’m trying out Kittyhawk. Like the data it gives and seems easy to make request.

I've used Kittyhawk, Skyward and UASidekick. For my personal drone use/small business I utilize UASidekick and don't mind the small monthly fee to help support them. For my day job as we're just getting started, we're testing out Kittyhawk and Skyward for more operations management in addition to LAANC and they both work pretty good, but I'm leaning towards Skyward overall, but have only used the website/desktop version. Kittyhawk mobile app is pretty good and user friendly so I don't think you would go wrong with any of them.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164