Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Let's have some fun and learn.

This was taken from today's solar panel mission.

What is this anomaly?

Damaged Cells? Faulty Junction Box? Mud on the panel?

5wPiNeXh.jpg
Impossible to tell from just one image. First thing I learned at FLIR school.;)

Reactions: Outta Control
Impossible to tell from just one image...

Agreed but is possible if you were there taking the data.

As an experienced thermographer, one should already understanding the environmental conditions of the data capture in both physical and visible form to assist the final analysis.

Thus why it is very difficult to make any accurate results if you were to receive the data without being there to capture it.

Agreed but is possible if you were there taking the data.

As an experienced thermographer, one should already understanding the environmental conditions of the data capture in both physical and visible form to assist the final analysis.

Thus why it is very difficult to make any accurate results if you were to receive the data without being there to capture it.

"Agreed but is possible if you were there taking the data." No kidding!
We couldn't agree more.

Hi Texbow,

Thanks for your question. Underground pipe detection is one that I am not familiar with but, if I had to make an educated response it would be the following.
1) You would want the highest possible environmental delta to locate potential anomalies. This being that the soil is significantly cooler than the pipes themselves. Though I am not the expert at this, I would not consider every hot/cold spot I detect as a leak.
2) The only way I could imagine to truly identify any major leaks would be include recording the inspection at least twice a week for a period of time.
3) One would want the highest resolution possible for detection. A 336 resolution would not be an ideal sensor for this type of job.
4) The size and depth of the pipes, and the type of soil it sits on would certainly affect your results. See #2

I've attach a video of a pipes line inspection, and incidentally came upon an underground anomaly from a pipe below the ground.

I'm a little blind, I don't see the anomaly :confused:

I'm a little blind, I don't see the anomaly :confused:

If you look at the photo, there exist an anomaly that could potentially be nothing at all, but the ability that this image was capture underground was certainly interesting.

From my non-subject expert eyes it looks like a some sort of pipe joint where more material are being heated up.

Again, it is about recording data over a period of time will provide more information.

Attachments

• Screenshot (79).png
    Screenshot (79).png
    593 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: ArrUnTuS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainy