Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

cbergerman1515

Reaction score
Hello, has anyone found a good replacement for the Fiilex AL250?
It retailed at $350 USD but hasn't been made for a few years now, and I can't find any used ones for sale on Ebay etc.
I'm looking to do some night photography with my Mavic 3, similar to what Reuben Wu has done here:

I fly the Mavic 3 cine.

Here are the specs for the AL250. Ideally an alternative would have at least 200W and weigh less than 300 grams.
  • 3.7" x 3" x 2"
  • 270 grams / .6lbs
  • Dense Matrix LED
  • Blade Cooling System (not spinning fans)
  • 38° beam angle
  • 5600K balance
  • 200 Watts
  • 25 minute run time
  • Greater than 93 CRI
  • 5V DC input, USB charger included
  • GoPro Mount
  • 32-104° Operating temperature range

Any advice on finding a reliable drone LED light?

I also found this one, but is for the Mavic 2, and costs over $1300 USD and points where the camera is pointing automatically. This is overkill for my needs, as all I'll need is a powerful and focused cone that points straight down.

Update: I found a few that might work for my needs.

The best looking one is $300 dollars from Light and Motion, the Seca 2200d and has the following specs.
  • 2200 Lumen output (roughly 200W) certified to the FL-1 Standard
  • 4 LED array using the best CREE LEDs and enhanced firmware
  • Custom engineered optics provide a concentrated 24 degree beam ideal to illuminate subjects from the air
  • Regulated output ensure lumens remain consistent for uniform, professional illumination
  • Sophisticated flicker-free firmware design
  • Waterproof design provides all-weather reliability (submersible up to 1 meter with battery connected)
  • Slim 2 Cell Battery Pack with Strategic Mounting Options to balance the battery/lighthead on the drone
  • GoPro Interface on lighthead itself for a variety of third party mounting options
However I found it for a significant discount with the battery pack for $120 on Amazon here:

I also like that the battery is separated and you can mount it on the back of the drone to help with balance. The battery connector uses a barrel plug that you could adapt to 3rd party batteries or to the drone power source itself, for DIY projects.

Then there's the Lume Cube Dual Lighting Kit, for $190. You can get it on sale at B&H for $160 right now.
Specs:
  • Two Black Lume Cube LED Lights
  • Mounting Bars for Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom (I assume these will work with the Mavic 3)
  • 6000K Color Temperature
  • Up to 1500 Lumens of Brightness
  • Synced Control over iOS/Android App
  • 20-Minute Battery Life at Max Brightness
  • 2-Hour Battery Life at Half Brightness
  • Waterproof Down to 100'
  • Can Also Be Used with Other Devices
  • 1/4"-20 Mounting Hole on the Bottom
For my purposes, two separate lights is less desirable than one powerful spotlight. These Lume Cube lights are also much less powerful than the Seca 2200d. I included it here as it looks to be the best option for studio-quality lighting options and remote control of the lights while the drone is in flight.

Cheers and hope this helped someone in the future.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM