Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Litchi App woes.

R.P..R

Reaction score
Website
www.rprsolution.com
Hello gang,

3mos ago, I had successfully flown the i1 for the whole entire month of May for structural inspection and had my all my workflow programmed on the Litchi App.

Today, I will doing the same inspection and this morning as I was going through my pre flight checklist, and mission planning, I had gotten a
“No Transmission Image Signal”
and when I tap to clear the warning, it is followed by
“RC GPS error Hardware malfunction” but I’m able to get a gimbal response and smooth feed video feedback.

IMG_1564.jpg
IMG_1562.jpg

However, on the Go App and Autopilot App everything is running fine, without errors.

IMG_1563.jpg

Has any of you ran into this problem? Or care to share troubleshooting tips?
FYI, I have been using Litchi on jobs last month on my i2 and M2P and it has been butter smooth.

Last edited:
That is an oddity. Might want to throw this on the Inspire forum too, more eyes on the post.

Probably already performed, just thinking out loud...
Killed & Restarted the litchi app... this iOS or Droid?
Perform full reboot of tablet... iOS full refresh (2 button hold).

Sounds more like hardware of RC or I1, but if good in GoApp, kinda rules platform out, leaving tablet or software.

Off the wall... Not that it’s related but I did have an I1 RC 658C behave oddly... not functioning correctly. I binded a 2nd RC, worked correct. Later in testing on bench, I rebound the previous RC and it behaved fine too. My point, maybe unbinding & binding corrects something in the chain, or unplugging battery within RC. Just saying... a WTF effort.

More realistic...
If available, does same problem exist on 2nd tablet or other OS flavor to rule out hardware... if your mission is sync’ed over to alternate tablet and consistent problem then mission file may be cause... do you have a 2nd saved duplicate mission file. I normally save a 2nd time with filename-bkup.

Being the I1 kinda rules out fresh FW being a possible. Should rule out physical RC if clean in GoApp.

If files all sync’ed with Litchi Hub, blow the tablet Litchi away, reboot tablet, clean / purge if Droid, and reinstall & resync Litchi files.

Last time I had any issues with Litchi was an Older version not working well with gimbal pivots... several versions back.

Good luck and curious to what you find.

Reactions: BigAl07
That is an oddity. Might want to throw this on the Inspire forum too, more eyes on the post.

Probably already performed, just thinking out loud...
Killed & Restarted the litchi app... this iOS or Droid?
Perform full reboot of tablet... iOS full refresh (2 button hold).

Sounds more like hardware of RC or I1, but if good in GoApp, kinda rules platform out, leaving tablet or software.

Off the wall... Not that it’s related but I did have an I1 RC 658C behave oddly... not functioning correctly. I binded a 2nd RC, worked correct. Later in testing on bench, I rebound the previous RC and it behaved fine too. My point, maybe unbinding & binding corrects something in the chain, or unplugging battery within RC. Just saying... a WTF effort.

More realistic...
If available, does same problem exist on 2nd tablet or other OS flavor to rule out hardware... if your mission is sync’ed over to alternate tablet and consistent problem then mission file may be cause... do you have a 2nd saved duplicate mission file. I normally save a 2nd time with filename-bkup.

Being the I1 kinda rules out fresh FW being a possible. Should rule out physical RC if clean in GoApp.

If files all sync’ed with Litchi Hub, blow the tablet Litchi away, reboot tablet, clean / purge if Droid, and reinstall & resync Litchi files.

Last time I had any issues with Litchi was an Older version not working well with gimbal pivots... several versions back.

Good luck and curious to what you find.

Hello Doug,

Sorry for the late reply, I have been swarmed with work, I waited in taking drastic moves until I hear back from Litchi. My dealings, with Litch support has been great over the years.

Here's the official Litchi response.

Hi,
Please ignore these false warnings, they are caused by a bug in DJI's latest SDK update. We reported it to them and will disable them in our next update.
Kind Regards,
Litchi

After hearing from Litchi, I have been ignoring the error notifications during startup, has completed multiple successful missions.

Hello Doug,

Sorry for the late reply, I have been swarmed with work, I waited in taking drastic moves until I hear back from Litchi. My dealings, with Litch support has been great over the years.

Here's the official Litchi response.
After hearing from Litchi, I have been ignoring the error notifications during startup, has completed multiple successful missions.

Well that's great to hear... bad there were bug issues but great to hear it was a bug and not hardware!
That also renews my faith in Litchi... I was starting to refocus on Litchi since they support about all the DJI platforms now. I can accept programming bugs as part of the growth path to improve.

Speaking of which... that brings up a point, can you downgrade 1-2 versions to test if odd problem? I haven't looked at that tangent and with your issue, that brings it into discussion.

Glad ya got it worked out!
Just got the M2EDual on 7/3 evening... hope to do a little thermal comparison testing this weekend.

You can rollback DJI GO via Charles proxy. Here's the sheet: DJI Go iOS App Versions Store
Before it was done through iTunes but Apple changed things around, and now the rollback is done through DJI GO 4-For drones since P4 APKs - APKMirror

For the Firmware downgrade, you can use the old text trick AKA the magic key, and for the RC you can use the "graduate" method.

All of the methods are well documented.

You can rollback DJI GO via Charles proxy. Here's the sheet: DJI Go iOS App Versions Store
Before it was done through iTunes but Apple changed things around, and now the rollback is done through DJI GO 4-For drones since P4 APKs - APKMirror

For the Firmware downgrade, you can use the old text trick AKA the magic key, and for the RC you can use the "graduate" method.

All of the methods are well documented.
Understood the DJI side, was meaning the Litchi side. Since problem was with Litchi, once app is updated, can you blow away and obtain an older version? Don't think Apple or Android app stores provide older versions.

Understood the DJI side, was meaning the Litchi side. Since problem was with Litchi, once app is updated, can you blow away and obtain an older version? Don't think Apple or Android app stores provide older versions.

This problem occurred when I accidentally updated my Go App. I was on 4.1.12 for a long time due to having 32ch. I will rollback again once, I have the time. Apple nor Google store provides the older APK but they can be had, I usually save my apps as well as firmware just in case. The process of downgrading is simpler on DJI products than Yuneec, and it is easier rolling back the APK on a Droid than Apple. lol

This problem occurred when I accidentally updated my Go App. I was on 4.1.12 for a long time due to having 32ch. I will rollback again once, I have the time. Apple nor Google store provides the older APK but they can be had, I usually save my apps as well as firmware just in case. The process of downgrading is simpler on DJI products than Yuneec, and it is easier rolling back the APK on a Droid than Apple. lol
Gotcha, thought it was a new Litchi.. my bad.
Same here, I normally always have 2 versions back of GoApp and retain all FW for most platforms. Rolling back FW has restored behavior or even corrected a bad upgrade. Even keep the little script file to force a FW rewrite or downgrade... all helpful.

Glad it's purring again for ya!

3mos ago, I had successfully flown the i1 for the whole entire month of May for structural inspection and had my all my workflow programmed on the Litchi App.

Today, I will doing the same inspection and this morning as I was going through my pre flight checklist, and mission planning, I had gotten a
“No Transmission Image Signal”
and when I tap to clear the warning, it is followed by
“RC GPS error Hardware malfunction” but I’m able to get a gimbal response and smooth feed video feedback.

I am so glad and relieved to find that others have run into this Litchi oddity. It recently happened to me on Father's Day last month. I had been flying Litchi Missions and Orbits for weeks perfectly and just days before. Then did an Orbit flight Father's Day and got those same messages when I started a hover. I landed, switched to DJI Go and had no indications of problems with a quick test flight. Switched back to Litchi, same warning messages, but camera gimble and video recording was normal as was flying, so I ran the Orbit mission which completed without incident.

Glad I'm not alone on this.

I had the same exact error about six months ago. Moved to a different location, restarted the litchi and all was well.
The other issue may be your GPS receiver on the I2, I know we had one of the I2s that had to have the receiver replaced.

I had the same exact error about six months ago. Moved to a different location, restarted the litchi and all was well.
The other issue may be your GPS receiver on the I2, I know we had one of the I2s that had to have the receiver replaced.

For this particular issue it points to the firmware, and the only solution (is to rollback or) wait for an update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164