Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Logbook?

What's the best consensus on a logbook that covers your flights, maintenance, etc?
Your older guys like the paper don’t you.
I recommend Air data as It can do a much better job of analyzing things like your battery.
Plus there’s a full record of the GPS flight track.

Last edited:
Your older guys like the paper don’t you.
I recommend Air data as It can do a much better job of analyzing things like your battery.
Plus there’s a full record of the GPS flight track.
I wouldn't say I'm old...some people might be offended. But yeah, I'm all about paper

Reactions: R Martin
I agree with JimD about AirData UAV (Drone Data Management and Flight Analysis | Airdata UAV). The service integrates with so many apps now that it is well worth it for all the things it does that a paper logbook can't, and it does everything automatically. One of the best things I like is it will give you the exact location where your aircraft went down if you should lose it over a forest or a cornfield, or even your local town.

In the Civil Air Patrol, we use a form for recording our individual flights on a mission, and I'm encouraging our members to use it as a personal paper-based logbook. (form is attached).

Jonathan Rupprecht (a good drone lawyer) has an article on his website concerning logbooks. It is well worth reading: jrupprechtlaw.com/drone-logbook/

Roger Wilco

Attachments

• CAPF-109U_Draft_A.pdf
    168.6 KB · Views: 19
Is anyone using Dronelogbook?
It too has good features, interfaces with multiple apps, and looks like it handles more platforms & batteries for free version. It's next step up is similar to Airdata price structure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agcopter