Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Looking for 4K HDR 60 FPS capable drone

RobA

Reaction score
I've been looking at several drone manufacturers and I can't find any that can do 4K HDR 60 FPS ... the DJI Mavic 3 gets close but still can't do HDR even though it support AppleProRes 422 HQ and 10bit D-Log Color Profile but can't seem to capture enough data to provide for 1000 nits -- min luminosity for HDR.

I've seen a few drones that claim HDR, but it's actually not true HDR and doesn't meet the min requirements for HDR.

My budget is $3000 - $5000 USD.

Thoughts?

Cheers, Rob.

I've been looking at several drone manufacturers and I can't find any that can do 4K HDR 60 FPS ... the DJI Mavic 3 gets close but still can't do HDR even though it support AppleProRes 422 HQ and 10bit D-Log Color Profile but can't seem to capture enough data to provide for 1000 nits -- min luminosity for HDR.

I've seen a few drones that claim HDR, but it's actually not true HDR and doesn't meet the min requirements for HDR.

My budget is $3000 - $5000 USD.

Thoughts?

Cheers, Rob.
Hi Rob,

I think you answered your own question. I am not aware of any off the shelf drone (DJI or otherwise) that has true HDR capability. If anyone else knows of one please speak up.

I think your only solution is to go the expensive route of using a DSLR (Sony A7 III, Canon EOS R6...etc.) with a drone such as the DJI M300/600 or something American made like a Watts Innovations Prism both of which will be way out of your budget. I hope someone here in this forum knows of a drone with the requirements you're looking for but I doubt it.

Good luck!

Reactions: MikeA and rx7ward

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM