Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

looking for a (free) app for orthoplane/orthofacade object

MGee

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking for an app (preferably free :) ) which can fly automated a vertical plane: watertower - without the need to use circular missions all the time in different heights. The last is of course possible, but then you have to follow all the time the drone around the tower in order not to loose sight (VLOS requirement)
PIX4D free version cannot do this , nor Dronedeploy. Litchi could do this, but then you have to insert the waypoints manually. DH can do it, but only in the paid version...

any suggestions?
Thanks

Dronelink for as little as $20. Prices go up with added features.

Have a look at Hammer.

Depending on the size of the tower, couldn’t you use one or two visual observers and fly the circular paths?

Last edited:
@JoeDimwit The Remote PIC must be able to see the UA at all times during flight, unless you have a waiver. This is regardless of Visual Observers.
I was under the impression that this was the point of having VO’s... to have them watch the drone when the PIC can’t.

I was under the impression that this was the point of having VO’s... to have them watch the drone when the PIC can’t.
Correct, I could use the VO's - I'm allowed to do so but then I still have to be careful not to loose the lcomlink. It would be mij last solution but least prefered one

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM