Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Looking for a high nit phone or tablet, any suggestions? good battery life as well?

I just can't see the value in the Tripltek tablet. At 800 dollars I could buy three very good tablets. I carry two tablets with me on every job. Used with a sun shade I have no problem seeing the display as long as I position myself so I'm not getting direct sunlight on the tablet, and that has always been fairly easy to do.
I purchased a 10 inch Samsung 128k tablet and the Devaso sun shade and have tested it on both of my drones and works very well. For the price difference I can deal with the sunlight issues.

The only issue I've had with the TRIPLTEK Pro is the M2 remote charges the tablet. I can only fly one battery before the remote's battery is depleted.
TRIPLTEK is supposed to be making a cable to fix this. In the meantime , I'll use my iPad Mini 4.
I use a Lenovo tablet that has what they call battery protection mode. The tablet won't charge until the battery is below 60%. When I fly Inpires it's not an issue- I guess the Inspire remote battery can handle the extra amperage draw, but I always make sure the tablet is in that mode when I fly the Mavic 2 Pro otherwise I have the same problem you describe.

Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus - runs DJI Go for my Inspires, DJI Go4 for my Mavic 2 Pro, also Litchi and Drone Deploy. Perfect size, nice bright screen. I'm in S FL and occasionally use a sunshade but often don't need it. Also doesn't shut down in the head like an iPad does. Generally available around $150. You can spend hundreds more, but you really don't gain much.

Just want to share my experience with Tripltek 7Pro tablet. It is presented as "protected against the elements" and "water-resistant" (expecting a rating of IPX4) and for which I was ready to pay more.

Great screen visibility in full sunlight, but first time it got under a light drizzle 7 months after purchase... the power button stopped working due to water infiltration. Tripltek does not want to repair the tablet under warranty.

So why pay more? Although I prefer to support local companies I will replace it with a Ch... tablet 1000 NITS at half the cost, and if I get 4 months use out of it I am a winner!

Reactions: MikeA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainy