Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Looking for testers for drone fleet manager/digital log book

Duncan

Reaction score
Hi!

My friend and I have been developing a web-based application for automated flight logging and tracking your UAV fleet. It takes data based on your location to auto-fill flight logs and pilot logs so you don’t have to. Track weather, airspace information, and log your flights in seconds! The best part is, it's free! If you have ever been curious how often you fly your drones, or how many flight hours you have, this is a perfect tool for you.

This is an early beta so expect frequent updates, you can help shape the development of this app by providing feedback directly to us, we are a small team and will answer every question directly!
If you are interested check it out here: The most powerful UAS manager (Note: the mobile version is still a WIP and will be improving soon)

We are updating the app daily and will be adding a bunch of awesome features in the next couple weeks leading up to our official launch.
Features coming very soon:
-Fully automated flight logging
-Integrated aircraft lost and found system
-Groups for organizing your flying club, showing off your fleet, and planning events
-Mission planning for professional operators
-Profile search system
-Aircraft maintenance planning and tracking

I think I like this a lot. We can fly up to 50 short missions in a day though. Many on the same battery set and on the same check. We’re just landing for 5 min and back up. Can there be a (copy previous mission) for Precheck so you can log a mission quickly. We move so fast it would be hard to add much more in. Also, it seems that many of the checks are geared towards pilot actions and not preflight conditions. (E.g. props, legs, gps). May want to rethink a few of those. Just speaking from experience after about 800 flights. Or in the craft setup have a selection for precheck items so that it can be custom. We fly agriculture everyday. No photography, but we do multispectral Imaging too. Our checks from day to day can be very different. I think this can help us a lot. We’ll have our first two additional pilots soon and this would be great to use for our company. Is there a “print log”. Anywhere so we can get this to a paper record?

Hi!

My friend and I have been developing a web-based application for automated flight logging and tracking your UAV fleet. It takes data based on your location to auto-fill flight logs and pilot logs so you don’t have to. Track weather, airspace information, and log your flights in seconds! The best part is, it's free! If you have ever been curious how often you fly your drones, or how many flight hours you have, this is a perfect tool for you.

This is an early beta so expect frequent updates, you can help shape the development of this app by providing feedback directly to us, we are a small team and will answer every question directly!
If you are interested check it out here: The most powerful UAS manager (Note: the mobile version is still a WIP and will be improving soon)

We are updating the app daily and will be adding a bunch of awesome features in the next couple weeks leading up to our official launch.
Features coming very soon:
-Fully automated flight logging
-Integrated aircraft lost and found system
-Groups for organizing your flying club, showing off your fleet, and planning events
-Mission planning for professional operators
-Profile search system
-Aircraft maintenance planning and tracking
If this is web-based, would you need internet access in the field?

It's a shame the map doesn't include Canadian airspace. I can't see any use for this outside the U.S.

Just a quick note, the map seems to keep crashing and resetting itself from whatever zoomed-in level one is looking at to the country-wide level.

Please also provide a way to cancel/close/delete an account that has been set up.

"Also, it seems that many of the checks are geared towards pilot actions and not preflight conditions. (E.g. props, legs, gps). May want to rethink a few of those. "
I do think you might want to rewrite the checklists with more of a professional pilot viewpoint. Does there really need to be a checklist item "Unpack UAV"?

I think I like this a lot. We can fly up to 50 short missions in a day though. Many on the same battery set and on the same check. We’re just landing for 5 min and back up. Can there be a (copy previous mission) for Precheck so you can log a mission quickly. We move so fast it would be hard to add much more in. Also, it seems that many of the checks are geared towards pilot actions and not preflight conditions. (E.g. props, legs, gps). May want to rethink a few of those. Just speaking from experience after about 800 flights. Or in the craft setup have a selection for precheck items so that it can be custom. We fly agriculture everyday. No photography, but we do multispectral Imaging too. Our checks from day to day can be very different. I think this can help us a lot. We’ll have our first two additional pilots soon and this would be great to use for our company. Is there a “print log”. Anywhere so we can get this to a paper record?
Thank you for all the feedback and ideas here. Sorry for the late response I somehow turned notifications off for this post (My bad!). We are already working on a copy log feature for the reason you were talking about, that should be out within a week or less. We are also working on a custom checklist feature that will be out soon, we recognize that the current checklist is pretty bad but it's more there to test the functionality/as a place holder. Down the line you'll be able to create checklists and assign them to specific aircraft/payload/missions for your operators. Thanks again for checking out the site and keep an eye out for these updates soon!

If this is web-based, would you need internet access in the field?
Yes it is web based right now, we are planning on building out an app in the future that would allow you to save mission critical information locally, but for now you do need an internet connection to use it.

It's a shame the map doesn't include Canadian airspace. I can't see any use for this outside the U.S.

Just a quick note, the map seems to keep crashing and resetting itself from whatever zoomed-in level one is looking at to the country-wide level.

Please also provide a way to cancel/close/delete an account that has been set up.
We'll look into adding Canadian airspace asap, as I said this is brand new so we are adding features as fast as we can, the U.S. system is what we know best so that was the first we added. I'll look into the map crashes that shouldn't be happening. We'll also add a delete account option in the next update, that was an oversight. To respond to your other comment too, we recognize that the current checklist is pretty bad and will be adding support for custom checklists in the coming weeks. Thanks for checking out the site and for all the feedback, it really helps us!

I forgot to address the print log question, if you click on a log entry, there should be a print icon there that prints the page (it's not working correctly right now but it will be fixed in tonight's update), in a future update we will also add exporting log details to a pdf for internal filling.

Curious how this data is uploaded and whether it works across platforms, IE... RC+cell phone vs Smart Controller (no need for a cell). I'm the coordinator for a non-profit SAR organization and I can see a lot of value in this but the new drones use a CrystalSky or a DJI Smart Controller so I'm wondering how this works with identifying who the pilot was and any app integrations for these 2 platforms.

Hi there! I am interested in this. Is it only for FAA drones? I am in Europe. Also, can it register flights from third-party apps such as Pix4D?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM