Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Los Angeles / South Bay

KLAX

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just joined here. Been on Phantom site(s) for a long time.

Let's see. I've flown for 5 or so years recreationally. Been working for last 2 years to bring it to my employer.
Working for a global Energy company in the South Bay. FAA certificate for sUAS. Standing up a country wide internal program for all our domestic facilities. Will be applying for waiver very soon for Los Angeles airspace. Have received several authorizations thus far. Just bought a new Matrice RTK with all bells and whistles except the FLIR (soon). Working on an internal flight safety manual and building hours on my platform.

We intend to use the tech for all manner of fixed equipment inspection as well as emergency response, security, mapping, modeling, and project progress. I oversee three separate contract flyers that have survived the RFP and have MSA's in place with us.

Fly safe please,
_Larry

Reactions: Outta Control
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge, for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Welcome, when you say south bay, are you speaking of Santa Clara county. We tried to get a waiver close to the SJO and it was a no go. Funny thing is we got one close to SFO. Good luck on you adventures.

Welcome, when you say south bay, are you speaking of Santa Clara county. We tried to get a waiver close to the SJO and it was a no go. Funny thing is we got one close to SFO. Good luck on you adventures.

Speaking of the South Bay by LAX. Class Bravo and busy as fk all. Thanks for the well wishes. I will get a waiver.

Interesting, never herd of that area referred to as South bay. Good luck, that entire LA basin is that way.

Interesting, never herd of that area referred to as South bay. Good luck, that entire LA basin is that way.

Los Angeles "South" Bay runs from about Santa Monica/Venice down to the bluffs of Palos Verdes. It mainly defines the coastal communities, not the entire smelly overcrowded basin :)

Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://commercialdronepilots.com/account/personal-details

Allen

Reactions: KLAX

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmcclure.wadnr