Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

M210 RTK flipped on takeoff!

Reaction score
i was testing my new Matrice with the Z30 camera and two of the heavy duty batteries.
It started up and just as it was about to take off, it flipped backwards upside down.
The RTK mounts broke but I was able to glue them back.
However, my question is why did it flip?
The rotors were on correct, I double checked. I updated all the firmware.
Anyone else experience this?

i was testing my new Matrice with the Z30 camera and two of the heavy duty batteries.
It started up and just as it was about to take off, it flipped backwards upside down.
The RTK mounts broke but I was able to glue them back.
However, my question is why did it flip?
The rotors were on correct, I double checked. I updated all the firmware.
Anyone else experience this?

Did you change anything regarding the props?

Did you change anything regarding the props?
Nope, I flew it the other day no problem.
I have the dual camera mount and only had the Z30 on it but that shouldn’t be an issue.
When I flew it last, I had the regular batteries.
I’m hoping the heavy duty batteries aren’t causing an imbalance.

Nope, I flew it the other day no problem.
I have the dual camera mount and only had the Z30 on it but that shouldn’t be an issue.
When I flew it last, I had the regular batteries.
I’m hoping the heavy duty batteries aren’t causing an imbalance.

Were there any cautions that came with the heavy-duty batteries regarding mounting?

Did you pair the batteries? It's recommended for new batteries that you fly a at least one battery cycle with no payload to ensure the all cells are functioning correctly. This will also pair the batteries.

Did you pair the batteries? It's recommended for new batteries that you fly a at least one battery cycle with no payload to ensure the all cells are functioning correctly. This will also pair the batteries.
Why don’t they tell us this to begin with?
I’ve had dji drones for four years and never had this issue!
If this is a dji fault, could be serious!

Why don’t they tell us this to begin with?
I’ve had dji drones for four years and never had this issue!
If this is a dji fault, could be serious!

Sorry mate but they DID tell us to do this.
How do I know this? I read it in one of the many "guides" that are provided as PDFs.
Redundant/dual batteries are a new, funky animal. So are the dual payloads.

Just bought a 210 RTK. Have not charged the first of my flight batteries yet. I have 6 TB 55's, and 6 TB 50's.
Don't want to be a knob, but we must take time to read before we power up. Otherwise, we're just a bunch of Phantom 1 Pilots whining about fly-away problems.
I am hopeful I don't have the same issues you had. Also hoping you're able to investigate your incident and post back to potential causes.

Hmm. So perhaps the regular batteries would be best for the Z30?
The heavy duty ones for lighter cameras such as the flur and x5s!

And where are these PDF’s? I just wish there was a manual. I always read up as much as possible before I fly!
Something like this should be a little more obvious.

Reactions: mick
You lot are embarrassing stroking DJI's leg. You can tell you have little to no RC previous experience. And if you do questions have to be asked...Blind leading the blind.

No cell imbalance should make a drone flip on a monitored/ regulated system like this. And it states on the manual the App should warn you anyway if batts are not paired . This is a all in one integrated platform and that means Dji carry the responsibility of it working in all its capable capacities PERFECTLY.That is its whole point! If its designed to use the batts you have it should work period. Something has gone wrong and its not your fault.

That said if i am wrong and its not designed to use the larger packs then its a case of do your research next time sadly and well done Dji for not warning folk enough.

As regards lipos
-Any lipo thats new should go through 2-3 cycles with only 50% drain and very low load to set the cells up. Dont charge it over its capacity either (1000mah batt 1amp for e.g.) on the first few charges.

I would have it back to Dji no if's buts or maybe and they would be paying for the RTK bracket.

People who bloody worship DJI with nil RC experience let them get away with murder and are the reason they are getting away with poor software testing etc. I have had some terrible problems with them and you lot are far too quick to blame the bloke.

£28,000 and it flips over? Come on get serious you lot,You have too much cash to waste if thats your expectations.

What about if it flipped 6ft up and it hit another team member on the way down? DANGEROUS plain and simple

Last edited:
You lot are embarrassing stroking DJI's leg. You can tell you have little to no RC previous experience. And if you do questions have to be asked...Blind leading the blind.

No cell imbalance should make a drone flip on a monitored system like this. And it states on the manual the App should warn you anyway if batts are not paired . This is all in one integrated platform and that means Dji carry the responsibility of it working in all its capable capacities PERFECTLY.That is it whole point! If its designed to use the batts you have it should work period. Something has gone wrong and its not your fault.

That said if i am wrong and its not designed to use the larger packs then its a case of do your research next time sadly and well done Dji for not warning folk enough.

As regards lipos
-Any lipo thats new should go through 2-3 cycles with only 50% drain and very low load to set the cells up. Dont charge it over its capacity either (1000mah batt 1amp for e.g.) on the first few charges.

I would have it back to Dji no if's buts or maybe and they would be paying for the RTK bracket.

People who bloody worship DJI with nil RC experience let them get away with murder and are the reason they are getting away with poor software testing etc. I have had some terrible problems with them and you lot are far too quick to blame the bloke.

£28,000 and it flips over? Come on get serious you lot,You have too much cash to waste if thats your expectations.

What about if it flipped 6ft up and it hit another team member on the way down? DANGEROUS plain and simple

Thanks for your informative reply!
As others have stated, stay away from the forums. Useless information given out.
I had a simple problem. I have been flying trouble free for four years and I read all the manuals. I tried to take off and it flipped.
If you can’t offer constructive help, then don’t bother answering.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmcclure.wadnr