M210 RTK flipped on takeoff!

You lot are embarrassing stroking DJI's leg. You can tell you have little to no RC previous experience. And if you do questions have to be asked...Blind leading the blind.

People who bloody worship DJI with nil RC experience let them get away with murder and are the reason they are getting away with poor software testing etc. I have had some terrible problems with them and you lot are far too quick to blame the bloke.

Could have been quite a few things that caused his vehicle to flip on takeoff; including pilot error. I wasn't there myself. I would agree that battery cell charge condition doesn't really make the short list of root causes.
Regardless, I would propose that reading the available documentation would be a good start prior to unboxing.

Could have been quite a few things that caused his vehicle to flip on takeoff; including pilot error. I wasn't there myself. I would agree that battery cell charge condition doesn't really make the short list of root causes.
Regardless, I would propose that reading the available documentation would be a good start prior to unboxing.
Exactly what I did. My guess but could have been a sudden wind gust. No harm done. Machine is fine! Things happen.

Judge, I disagree with your assessment of forums, sure you may not get the information you expect to, but there are a lot of good knowledgeable people on these forums, and are generally truly trying to help others.
My grandson flipped my P4 on landing, he was just learning to fly it. Instead of holding the left stick down to shut down he pulled both left and right down, don't ask my why. The phantom flipped over on it's back. That was operator error, but I still don't know why that happened the way it did. I'm certainly not going to try what he did to see if it happens again.
As with my Phantom and yours I have no idea what may of caused that, could it have been operator error, well we are all humans, and as humans we do make mistakes at times.

Good luck in the future.

Reactions: mick
I have to add i made all my comments without factoring in operator error as i assumed it would not be a variable.

And @Judge Advocate dont loose faith in forums all together. There is some brilliant advice to be had on them and like i said before you will sharp learn whos advice is truly worthwhile noting

Judge, I disagree with your assessment of forums, sure you may not get the information you expect to, but there are a lot of good knowledgeable people on these forums, and are generally truly trying to help others.
My grandson flipped my P4 on landing, he was just learning to fly it. Instead of holding the left stick down to shut down he pulled both left and right down, don't ask my why. The phantom flipped over on it's back. That was operator error, but I still don't know why that happened the way it did. I'm certainly not going to try what he did to see if it happens again.
As with my Phantom and yours I have no idea what may of caused that, could it have been operator error, well we are all humans, and as humans we do make mistakes at times.

Good luck in the future.
Thanks!

I have to add i made all my comments without factoring in operator error as i assumed it would not be a variable.

And @Judge Advocate dont loose faith in forums all together. There is some brilliant advice to be had on them and like i said before you will sharp learn whos advice is truly worthwhile noting
I know. We still have to weed out the pretenders from contenders as far as people with the correct knowledge us concerned.

Reactions: mick
i was testing my new Matrice with the Z30 camera and two of the heavy duty batteries.
It started up and just as it was about to take off, it flipped backwards upside down.
The RTK mounts broke but I was able to glue them back.
However, my question is why did it flip?
The rotors were on correct, I double checked. I updated all the firmware.
Anyone else experience this?
Would it be possible to get the .DAT flight log for this incident? The .DAT will be on the AC itself. You can use these instructions to see how to retrieve the .DAT. It will be large so you will need to upload it to a sharing site like DropBox or GoogleDrive and post a link to that uploaded file.

Another option is the .DAT on the tablet running the Go App. These instructions will tell you how to retrieve that .DAT file.

i was testing my new Matrice with the Z30 camera and two of the heavy duty batteries.
It started up and just as it was about to take off, it flipped backwards upside down.
The RTK mounts broke but I was able to glue them back.
However, my question is why did it flip?
The rotors were on correct, I double checked. I updated all the firmware.
Anyone else experience this?
I cannot help but wonder if you simply lifted off too slowly, hesitantly, letting the aircraft dance in the high pressure area of its own wash. When it's time to lift off YOU REALLY NEED TO GIVE IT SOME OOMPF - and lift off!

I also don't know how a battery issue could possibly result in flip during take-off unless you're talking about a sudden complete failure of both batteries - and the thing turning into a brick.

Besides, if the problem was in the batteries not being "balanced" would the aircraft even boot up all the way? I'm starting to have a problem with unbalanced cells giving me error messages and preventing the motors of my I2 from starting at all.

Last edited:
judge, trying to help troubleshoot: did you have the dual camera gimbal mount installed but we’re using just one camera?

How exactly did you have the bird configured for flight?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlisonChar