Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

M2P repair?

CaryG

Reaction score
Hi all--

My M2P seems to have lost input from accelerometer #1; I've recalibrated the IMU three times on a perfectly level surface, but I get the same message each time: "ACC1 - data error." Presumably the sensor has died, or...?

Does anyone know of a good repair shop, ideally in Calif. or at least west of the Rockies? I've extended the warranty / Care Refresh for a year, but it now seems to be impossible to get DJI on the phone or get any kind of response from them via email, due to COVID. I'm not sure how serious a problem the sensor loss is, but assuming they don't put a lot of unnecessary parts on these, I'd like to get it fixed. if it's not too expensive, at this point I'd rather just send it to a reliable shop and have the sensor replaced rather than trying to deal with DJI. Does anyone have a shop they'd recommend? Or failing that, some magic way to reach DJI repair?

Thanks.

The only way to reach DJI repair is by submitting a repair request online. I was told this by an authorized vendor, that they are not responding to phone or emails to focus on getting the repairs done with limited staff on-site. So, I sent an X5S in for repair last week - they email you a free shipping label. They received it this past Monday, sent me an estimate on Tuesday, Repaired / tested it yesterday and shipped it back to me today. So far, I'm impressed

OK, thanks, that's good info. Where was the facility that did the repairs?

I ask because a couple of times in the past, when I sent in my drone, I thought it was going to be repaired in SoCal. Instead, it got shipped to some place in Texas and swapped out instead of fixed. So I'm glad to hear that they actually repaired yours rather than replacing it. Did you make any sort of special request so that happened?

Yeah, it went to SoCal and I sent it from some place in Texas :)

According to the repair bill, two modules were replaced. I just described my issues in the repair ticket and no additional information was requested.

Oh, man. Just got my DJI shipping label -- it's for Grapevine, TX again. I may not do it -- I've sent a drone there twice and they NEVER repair it. Just send out a replacement...

Oh, man. Just got my DJI shipping label -- it's for Grapevine, TX again. I may not do it -- I've sent a drone there twice and they NEVER repair it. Just send out a replacement...
Yeah, my camera was not centered, and I lost the gimbal functions on my controller. I sent it in, and they replaced instead of repairing. Register another drone with the FAA, register a new drone with the state, insurance company, etc. and pay all the related fees. Plus I lost my hi-viz skin, and my nav light mounts. A real pain in the backside.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Igwe3