Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

M30T mapping?

Nice work. Appreciate you sharing. Easy to see string, cell and diode bypass error in the white hot view. I know that most mapping software suites can't handle successful stitching of ground arrays and carports, but what software suite did you use? Have you tried converting the image files to Flir file format for post analysis? Just wondering how long software like that takes convert files.

Reactions: MikeA
Nice work. Appreciate you sharing. Easy to see string, cell and diode bypass error in the white hot view. I know that most mapping software suites can't handle successful stitching of ground arrays and carports, but what software suite did you use? Have you tried converting the image files to Flir file format for post analysis? Just wondering how long software like that takes convert files.
I used WEBODM to process the files, I also used the MS ICE program and it was the worst. The individual shots came out really good, but as you said processing shots of solar is rough on a system due to the pattens on the panels. I will be taking it out again on the 26th to do a land photogrammetry of propose housing track and see how that comes out.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeA
Reactions: adm_geomatics
Thank you for replying! I have talked to many people and they all have said that it only has RTK navigation and not geotagging. That was the only thing that has kept us from considering it as our next mapper.
Wow I did not know that. thanks for bringing that up. I thought that all pics would be geotagged by default and that RTK is additional metadata that increases accuracy. Learn something every day.

Wow I did not know that. thanks for bringing that up. I thought that all pics would be geotagged by default and that RTK is additional metadata that increases accuracy. Learn something every day.
The M30 series does Geotag, as you may not be able to use RTK in the area that you are flying in, unless you have your own base station setup.

The M30 series does Geotag, as you may not be able to use RTK in the area that you are flying in, unless you have your own base station setup.
Thanks. Does the M30T come with RTK or is that an add on feature. You also need a GS as well? I am not interested in RTK, but comparing the M30T with the SIRAS when it is released next month. I need a small backup setup for mapping roofs and PV arrays

Thanks. Does the M30T come with RTK or is that an add on feature. You also need a GS as well? I am not interested in RTK, but comparing the M30T with the SIRAS when it is released next month. I need a small backup setup for mapping roofs and PV arrays
The RTK is built in, but what I have learned is you may be hard press to find a system to use. I live in California where we have a federal back system for seismic activity, but even then if you are not near a fault a CSRS could be miles away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM