Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Maintenance and Flight Management Apps

ArrUnTuS

Reaction score
Hello

Our colleague Mike Nevins has commented on the use of programs that help us to manage the maintenance of our aircraft and flight management. I didn't know about this kind of programs but I think it's a very interesting topic because we are being asked to do more paperwork every time. Management can become an important task. Do you know any other programs of this kind?

List of applications you are commenting on.

Skyward

NvDrones

AirData

DroneLogbook

Dronecomplier

Kittyhawk

Flyte

P.D.: The forum only lets me post 5 videos.

Last edited:
Reactions: Inspire01
Another option

Dronecomplier

Then it will be a matter of studying each one in order to know the one that best suits your needs.

I'm sure there are more

Link corrected. Too many tabs open at once, lol. Thanks!

I have a free Skyward account in order to use LAACE here in the US. I don't really take advantage of everything it offers because I am a sole operator for the most part. It would be a good platform for an enterprise level company for sure. I think it is pretty spendy but probably worth it at scale.

I think the other choices are less mature, but probably much less expensive for smaller companies.

You can get a free Skyward account here: Solutions for Small Business | Skyward

Yeah, the price caught my eye.

I'm in your case, I'm also a single rider and many functions I'm not going to use. But I find it very interesting to keep a record. They keep asking for more paperwork and it's getting crazy. Having everything organized is important and not having to use paper is essential.

Including maintenance records is also important to me. They demand it too. And that a listing can be exported is essential.

A lot to look at, thanks Dave :)

Link corrected. Too many tabs open at once, lol. Thanks!

I have a free Skyward account in order to use LAACE here in the US. I don't really take advantage of everything it offers because I am a sole operator for the most part. It would be a good platform for an enterprise level company for sure. I think it is pretty spendy but probably worth it at scale.

I think the other choices are less mature, but probably much less expensive for smaller companies.

You can get a free Skyward account here: Solutions for Small Business | Skyward

I went to sign up and apparently I already had an account... LOL! I wonder what else I'm forgetting I have. . .

Reactions: Dave Pitman
I went to sign up and apparently I already had an account... LOL! I wonder what else I'm forgetting I have. . .

In the beginning, when under a 333 the startups would reach out and offer sign-ups to their project. Some went away and some, like Skyward, were bought up by bigger fish. It can be hard to remember them all!

Reactions: BigAl07
Might I add Kittyhawk.io to the mix. I have used this for a long time and it keeps getting better and better. A complete solution including flying the craft as well. Sorry if it sounds like an add but I really cannot live without this one.

I use a two tiered approach. My primary app is a filemaker database I built. In it I record each flight....who it's for, who flew it, etc. High Level stuff.

Then I have an area for site specific info, weather notes, paperwork from FAA, Insurance, other permissions, client notes...anything. This is where I put maps that are created in Skyward. (for me, skyward is a bit ponderous as many online apps seem to be. (nothing around me is part of LAANC yet)

Then there's a place to evaluate the flight, and of course one to log battery usage where I track charge level and cell deviation and flight times.

That's the part I like the best. Many of the platforms mentioned above consider every battery change a "Flight". I consider a job a flight, and the database connects battery data to flight and pilot, so it serves as a log for flight times, vehicle hours and all that.

Then there's a place for all vehicle notes. Update firmware? Log it. Replace an LED? Log it. Replace a nicked prop...Log it. Figure out why the screen went wonky and found a fix? Log it.

I’ll fly using The Litchi App at intervals and upload to Airdata for a look at several parameters mainly battery health. I use Litchi to do this because for some reason I can’t get The Go Apps to upload.

Reactions: BLADE4
I’ll fly using The Litchi App at intervals and upload to Airdata for a look at several parameters mainly battery health. I use Litchi to do this because for some reason I can’t get The Go Apps to upload.
I still have a problem with AirData. Well...it's actually with DJI who will not log both batteries for the I2. It picks one, and if you want to log the second you have to manually link it to the correct flight. It is a notorious "Coming Soon" feature. I feel for Airdata who is being crippled by the very manufacturer they are trying to support.

Reactions: Wilson Lake Drone
We have been using AirData for quite some time (previously Healthy Drones) and can speak very highly of it. Just recently started exploring KittyHawk after a few positive remarks from a few of our clients.

We have been using AirData for quite some time (previously Healthy Drones) and can speak very highly of it. Just recently started exploring KittyHawk after a few positive remarks from a few of our clients.
I like it too. But battery logging is what I was looking for and until DJI gives them access to make it automatic, it won't be right for me.

Reactions: Advexure
I have updated the first post with the programs we are commenting on. So we have all the possible options in one place. If anyone else knows of anything else, please comment.

Thank you :)

Reactions: Advexure
FREE Airdata tutorial - just go to their Blog webpage and you will have access to a 6 part in-depth tutorial.

One more question about the multi battery support issue that DJI cripples Airdata and all other maintenance log app vendors witj - what about "hot swap" feature support for the Inspire 2?

It seems that there are many players in this field. All vying for our business. Skyward requests that you actually contact them to arrange for a paid subscription. I have not done that yet, but may in the future depending on the costs. I can see many advantages of these types of management programs especially when you start to get more pilots, various drones and flying multiple flights a week. Problem is your going to have to have some one entry all that data. Flight plans, authorizations, maintenance issues, and a whole host of other stuff. Becoming more like a job when you consider all the authorizations, TFR's, NOTAMS, waivers, no wonder we need to make more money per flight just to break even. Oh well...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boduku