Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Maintenance

rvrrat14

Reaction score
It seems like the pilot needs to develop his own maintenance checklist. Perhaps we can all help and learn from each other. It appears that only a trend (or history) of parts replacement gives us an idea of when parts may begin to show wear. This type of info is invaluable to us all. This also comes into play when developing your maint. cost/hr flight time.

I check most items during each preflight. I have a more detailed checklist that is performed once a month. I keep records of when the monthly is performed.

I’d like to know what some others are doing and how long they’ve gone before experiencing issues. I think a way to track all of our problems/history may be beneficial. As commercial pilots we probably pay as much attention to our birds as anyone. We probably ‘work’ these birds to their fullest potential as well.

Would a Maintenance section in the forum be beneficial? Just a thought.

Reactions: Mike Flys
I think a maintenance section would be great! It's better for multiple people to contribute as they may add something someone else would forget. Coming up with a master list would be awesome!

Reactions: Mike Flys
I keep a maintenance logbook on all my drones and I document any inspections, mods, repairs, firmware updates, post maintenance test flights and propeller changes. I work in the aviation business and hold an A&P so I try to keep it in a format that the Feds would recognize if I was every approached, especially by a maintenance inspector. It's also a great tool if you decide to sell your drone.

Last edited:
I keep a maintenance logbook on all my drones and I document any inspections, mods, repairs, firmware updates, post maintenance test flights and propeller changes. I work in the aviation business and hold an A&P so I try to keep it in a format that the Feds would recognize if I was every approached, especially by a maintenance inspector. It's also a great tool if you decide to sell your drone.

So is that a Yes; You think having a maintenance section would be a good idea?

Add me in as a yes too. I keep mine on my Kittyhawk.io site. I also include things that are not just a hardware problem. I add in firmware upgrades, and I also include my regular RTH tests as I beIieve they are also a maintenance issue.

I'm with you on the idea too.

I've also been looking into using CsvView to interrogate flight data files - there is information in the file about all sorts of things like esc performance and motor current, which could give indications of motor wear and so on. I know it works for Phantoms, so probably other DJI craft too.
CsvView Introduction

Anyone else interested in having a Maintenance area on the forum. If so we could ask the MODS to add, but I feel we need to show our support for this area.

Please respond to your thoughts; YES or NO.

Thanks!

Reactions: colinjfischer
Excellent practice...

I also think a maintenance section would be very beneficial to everyone. We can pick up details from others experience and then do some
preventative maintenance. I have the P3P and P3A and both had body cracks and I picked up information from the forum which
greatly helped me. I also do monthly inspections but regarding cracks I do quick checks after each days flying.

Reactions: rvrrat14

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM