Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Marketing

colinjfischer

Reaction score
How has your business gone about marketing your services to the community? I am casting a wide net because, although there are probably nuances to each industry, there's probably a lot of overlap.

What strategies have you found successful? What strategies have not worked, and why do you think?

Thanks in advance

Join your local Commonwealth Club for sure. I also want to start a chapter of Women Catalysts in my area, busy with a kid though so not sure I can swing it. Definitely got to network with people both online and off.

Thanks! I didn't even know about the commonwealth club until this post - that looks interesting.

I am also planning on attending the meetings of my airport's board. Having some friends in Aviation is probably not a bad idea.

Reactions: karaemurphy
Define your market. Define your market area.
Ask yourself, what would a potential client do to find someone like me? Would they do a Google search? Would they ask friends? Would they ask the local Chamber of Commerce?
Anticipate how your client acts and place your information where he/she will find you.

Reactions: BigAl07
I started in real estate and that was a tough market for me. I found getting to know the people in your target market was a major key for me, as well as advertising has paid off.

I started in real estate and that was a tough market for me. I found getting to know the people in your target market was a major key for me, as well as advertising has paid off.
Real Estate for many is not the way to go, it seems to be saturated with lowballers. I agree, it helps to have connections:cool:

Does anyone have a sample pricing menu they have? Or a contract? How does one charge normally for drone photography and videography?

In construction jargon, you may say "I'm going over to the job site"
There's construction going on all over the place, I just pull up and look for the Boss, GC Superintendent.
Make sure you have hard hat and reflective vest with you, most places want you to wear them on site.

How do you find them? What do you mean by "job site" if you don't have the job yet (tongue in cheek)?

It's not YOUR job site but A Job Site.

You find them by riding around and looking for construction about to happen. Land being cleared, trees being cut, buildings being demolished... all are signs or possible construction about to take place.

Reactions: AH-1G
Absolutely, cold-calling and hitting the streets. If you think convincing potential clients to hire a sUAS operator is hard enough, try introducing a new way to using technology to some new industries.

Go to industry trade shows. Do some speaking engagements, get yourself out there. Even though drones have been around for long while now, it is still the wild, wild, west as the commercial use for them. That is unless it is Real Estate. ;)

I will tell y'all one thing, having the national and local media help in opening up ideas, not doors, to the use of sUAS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM