Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Mavic 2 Pro Multi Charger for Vehicle

ttb3526

Reaction score
Good Evening Everyone,

I'm looking to buy a second charger for my Mavic 2 pro. I have the standard 4 battery charger, but I'm looking to get one that can charge multiple batteries at once. I will be running it via an invertor in my car.

I found about four of them on the various sites on the Internet. Anyone have any experience with them or recommendation I missed.

1. CDC PRCS Rapid Charging Station (price is out of my league at this time)
2. BTG 5 in 1 Rapid Intelligent Battery Charger Hub Compatible with DJI Mavic Mavic 2 Pro/Mavic 2 Zoom Drone
3. Hanatora Battery Home & Car Charger for DJI Mavic 2 Zoom/Pro
4. AstonPower Charging Station for DJI Mavic 2.

Thanks

I've got the Hanatora. Works great!

I use it at home on the bench plugged into AC power and also, on occasion, use it in the Jeep plugged into DC. You could plug it in to an inverter, but it comes with the DC cord so why bother? You have to have the motor running in either case.

What I haven't done yet: Power it off a marine deep cycle, or a bank of them. Been thinking of building a power bank with 2 or 3 of them. (Parallel)

I have a motorcycle battery but it only drives an inverter which powers a 32" LCD. It'll run it for hours. I output the HDMI from the Smart Controller to the TV with a 25' HDMI cable when I have a client onsite who wants to direct me where to go and what specifically to get. It's a rare service, but the few who use it love it. You can turn off the output of all the flight data so it only sends camera view.

Didn't see the DC plug, so I can scratch the Invertor. I was also pondering a car battery in the trunk. You think I could hook the Hanatora to a car battery in the trunk.

Thanks for the reply!

Try it and see how many charges you can get. Like I said, I was thinking of trying a marine deep cycle, just haven't yet. I only have the little motorcycle battery, which is really light and portable (Duracell) that only drives a TV.

Holy smoke, just noticed I put this in UAS News! I don't know how to move it. I might delete it and put it in general

I have a main line (heavy guage wire and receptacle) ran to the cargo area of my CrossTrek. It's actually a Clothes Dryer 220V receptacle mounted on the wall of the cargo area and the Clothed Dryer pigtail attached to my inverter. Then we can power several chargers and devices all at once. For our use, we have had a lot of luck with the chargers similar to this one:

But I really like the Hanatora charger you linked but some cars have a very "lightly" wired cigarette port and it may not handle a stout draw. We've ran into this a few times with different vehicles.

It shouldn't be an issue with the small Hanatora/12v connection, but if you plan to drive more power in the future with your vehicle, consider the alternator. The factory one should be able to handle the Hanatora without issue, but a larger bank of inverters or higher power draw might put too much strain on it. I've got a heavy duty alternator in my Jeep because at one time it was setup with a starting battery and a separate system to drive a Warn winch.

If you are happy to recharge ONE battery at a time, then DJI provide one that simply plugs into the 12volt outlet in the car, - that's perfect and will charge it at the correct rate etc to avoid damaging these sensitive smart batteries and reducing their overall life.

However, to charge SIMULTANEOUSLY appears to be a massive challenge - and extremely expensive. (I have some remote, time sensitive, projects that would benefit from this, and I have finally given up trying to research a solution. I received dozens of suggestions from kindly folk who have a theory, but not ACTually done it themselves and their suggestions, without exception, do not work. I have received one recommendation from someone who ACTUALLY does this themselves successfully, but it requires a high quality generator plus other equipment, will set me back over £1200, and requires a lot of technical knowledge to do it safely and without seriously reducing the health of the batteries.

Trust me, if you are thinking of reliably, safely and economically doing simultaneous recharging in the field, then forget it: it is much much easier and cheaper to simply buy another 3 or 4 more batteries to add to the 4(?) you already have, and and look after them all really well.... (unless you are a BBC wildlife photographer or similar, with a massive budget, who needs to be in the air for more than 5 hours before being able to get back to a standard domestic/hotel power supply)

Last edited:
None of this information is correct. You've either encountered a salesman who wishes to fleece you, or you simply have not done enough research. The Hanatori charger discussed above will work just fine in the field, as will other inexpensive solutions. They're safe, reliable, and will not harm the batteries.

I speak from experience. I've been running a drone business for years now and have used the Hanatori solution many, many times to recharge in the field. I manage my telemetry and logs with AirdataUAV and monitor equipment health and performance closely. My batteries are just fine and have been so for a long time.

Maybe one thing you said is partly true:

"...it is much much easier and cheaper to simply buy another 3 or 4 more batteries..."

Easier, yes. Cheaper, no.

If you are happy to recharge ONE battery at a time, then DJI provide one that simply plugs into the 12volt outlet in the car, - that's perfect and will charge it at the correct rate etc to avoid damaging these sensitive smart batteries and reducing their overall life.

However, to charge SIMULTANEOUSLY appears to be a massive challenge - and extremely expensive. (I have some remote, time sensitive, projects that would benefit from this, and I have finally given up trying to research a solution. I received dozens of suggestions from kindly folk who have a theory, but not ACTually done it themselves and their suggestions, without exception, do not work. I have received one recommendation from someone who ACTUALLY does this themselves successfully, but it requires a high quality generator plus other equipment, will set me back over £1200, and requires a lot of technical knowledge to do it safely and without seriously reducing the health of the batteries.

Trust me, if you are thinking of reliably, safely and economically doing simultaneous recharging in the field, then forget it: it is much much easier and cheaper to simply buy another 3 or 4 more batteries to add to the 4(?) you already have, and and look after them all really well.... (unless you are a BBC wildlife photographer or similar, with a massive budget, who needs to be in the air for more than 5 hours before being able to get back to a standard domestic/hotel power supply)

Hi Fred - might have to agree to disagree on this one. (I've a lot of respct for Fred G, as I have benefited from many of his posts). However, I've had a couple - both fine at home, but both let me down in the car fairly soon . Might be just my bad luck, but if you search on amazon reviews for all the ones that use the word "car", I'm sure you'll see a lot of corroboration. (I guess it's possible they have been substantially improved - suggest looking at the dates of those reviews) Plus I don't have the upgraded heavy duty generator, that you've got in your Jeep, which makes a big difference.

Last edited:

Fred is correct. I charge 3 batteries simultaneously fairly regularly in the back of my CrossTrek while going from job to job. Some day we charge our 4 batteries up to 4 times while shooting for different clients.

The big difference is I don't use the Cig Plug for power but have a power inverter hard wired into the back of my vehicle and then use a standard (not cig lighter) connection.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
he big difference is I don't use the Cig Plug for power but have a power inverter hard wired into the back of my vehicle and then use a standard (not cig lighter) connection.
That sounds good, and could be a solution for me. What inverter are you using please and roughly how long does it take to charge 4 batteries ?

That sounds good, and could be a solution for me. What inverter are you using please and roughly how long does it take to charge 4 batteries ?
I don't have the exact specs of the inverter but I'll get them and a couple of pics shortly when I go out to the CrossTrek.

My charger is a 3 battery charger so we can charge (6) batteries in the same amount of time you would charge (2) if done one at a time or using a parallel charger like the DJI Charging hub. Since it's only a "3" port (well it has USB ports but those are irrelevant for this conversation) to charge a 4th battery would still take the same amount of time as 2 batteries since it would charge 3 completely in roughly the same amount of time as (1) and then I'd swap out #4 and it would charge.

Useful info, thanks. Look forward to the specs next time your in the wagon. I had given up on this, but you have rewewed my hope (if it was easy to set up?)

I have the same model Fred has referenced. It'll charge 4 AC / DC. Kit comes with both AC & DC connector. I've not experienced any issues with this charger, AC block or DC connections.

Only issue I've found... it does charge 4 at a time but due to Amp limit, it charges 2 at full Amp, 1 mid and 1 lower. As 2 approach full, they reduce in Amps and the other 2 increase. Was first frustrating, sent the 1st unit back and they replaced. 2nd unit did the same and communicated with manufacture and they explained it had a max amp limitation and it was normal behavior. I later felt it worked nicely since it lowered amps toward the end of the charging cycle.

Reactions: BigAl07
I like BigAI07 use a inverter that is in wired directly to the battery of my car using what i belive was 8 or 6 gauge leads been a long time. I belive the inverter is a 750 watt with 2X110 outlets. I only charge a couple batteries at a time when car is not running so that I do not drain my cars battery. That being said I have on many occasions charged 3 to 4 mavic 2 batteries and 2 to 3 phantom 4 batteries, tablets, and r/c's all at same time while car is running with no issues to date. I currently am using a sunnyfire 6 in 1 charger for the mavic 2 and a 4 in 1 charger for the phantom 4.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM